Montana

Pics
Rain, snow, rain, snow wind and back to snow.

just crazy weather up here. At least my chickens are still laying. Got 11 eggs yesterday. Would have gotten 12 but the barn cats beat me to that egg.

Hello everyone,
My family recently moved to the Livingston area from Wisconsin. I left my Buff Brahmas and a BCM with a good friend back in WI. I couldn't wait to order chicks or search out the breeds I really wanted locally, so I just got six chicks at Murdoch's in Bozeman. We certainly have room for a few more hens, so if anybody in the area raises Buff Brahmas, FBCM, heritage-type RIR, chanteclers and/or Buckeyes, I'd be VERY interested! Thanks!

Quote:
welcome to Montana!!!
what kinds of chicks did you get?? I know I just purchased 2 pullets from cackleberry, I did not want chicks, to much time to spend and I just do not seem to have it. She sells some real good birds, and the ones I got from her are rhode island reds. can not wait to pich them up when there 14 weeks or more. this makes it so much easier then having to raise them now. I wanted to but just can not find the time and now we can be free enough to just get them and look for eggs with out all the hassles. awwww the ease of it LOL
you might contact her if your fixing to find more chicks, or there are other montana gals who also sell chicks. I think there is even a few up there in livingston who maybe selling chicks. good luck!

Last edited:
Hey popsicle, I'm only about an hour and a half from you. I'll be getting some buff brahma bantams this summer or fall, and I'll be breeding them on a regular basis. If your interested in bantams, I'll have some available sometime in spring or summer of 2013. I don't know how soon you would want some but, that would be my soonest available. If you need some sooner, try contacting Byron Faulkner the vice president of the Montana Poultry Fanciers ***. He has some bantam brahmas available off and on too. If your interested let me know and I'll pm you the contact info. I don't know of any large fowl brahmas in the area, but if you ask Byron, he might know of someone.

Finally found some tom turkeys. Some in Helena and some over in Missoula. One person has bronze and the other has Narrgensett. thinking of getting one from each person. Had another person on an online yard sale looking for a tom too.

Hey popsicle, I'm only about an hour and a half from you. I'll be getting some buff brahma bantams this summer or fall, and I'll be breeding them on a regular basis. If your interested in bantams, I'll have some available sometime in spring or summer of 2013. I don't know how soon you would want some but, that would be my soonest available. If you need some sooner, try contacting Byron Faulkner the vice president of the Montana Poultry Fanciers ***. He has some bantam brahmas available off and on too. If your interested let me know and I'll pm you the contact info. I don't know of any large fowl brahmas in the area, but if you ask Byron, he might know of someone.

Thanks for the info. If I can't find any LF then I certainly would be interested in bantams (and probably even if I do find LF), and I imagine I will be interested next summer so please keep me in mind. I just might have to get some eggs and/or chicks from my trio I left back in 'sconie if I can't find any here.

Finally found some tom turkeys. Some in Helena and some over in Missoula. One person has bronze and the other has Narrgensett. thinking of getting one from each person. Had another person on an online yard sale looking for a tom too.

Oh, so jealous. I LOVE turkeys but decided that the risks of raising turkeys and chickens together is too high when I'm selling chickens. But I miss having turkeys!! Bronze are so cool. My vote is that you get the two kinds!

Karla - your babies are bouncing around and GROWING! I'll post pics soon.

HUH, I can't seem to get the post to grab quotes...... huh......

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom