Montana

Pics
I keep thinking it would be nice to have a green house for the chickens over winter, is that crazy or what. I want one of the multi level hex ones. The girls would love it.
You know Karla, you might just have had an egg that broke from a thin shell when it was laid, then the girls will eat it up, so keep an eye on them, but don't worry too much untill you are getting less eggs than you know you should be getting. If you do have an egg eater you can try to break her by filling an egg with mustard and leaving it for her to eat, a time or two of that she won't be so keen on eating eggs.

I live essentially equidistant from both shows. Which one should I attend if I want to buy Buckeye, Chanteclers, Buff Brahma, heritage-type RIR, and FBCM (in order of importance)? I've never been to a poultry show besides midwestern county fairs--if those even count, so I'm also looking for a fun experience for my family and I.

I stumbled onto this Craigslist add this morning - thought you might want to investigate it further...... http://missoula.craigslist.org/grd/2866948586.html

Hope everyone is ok in this wind storm.

No I have not been called out on any of the fires. Worried about the guys I do know who are out on them right now.

Hope no one was seriously injuried in those pile up on HWY 87.

Friends of ours had a 22 foot gooseneck stock trailer get flipped over onto a combine pickup header.

No more eggs eaten, and so far all all is well ! The eggs are always very hard shelled, in fact the last ones someone ate I collected the shells and they were normal. With me working until noon, who ever lays will have access to those eggs for several hours. Unfortunate. I have to be working, but come summer I will have my kids around more to gather. If I do catch one eating those eggs by by chickens!

Wind is not to bad here, but we did get snow again. I can not wait until its in the 70's! I'm tired of the cold!

We could really use the snow or rain Karla.

The fire up north at last report (7pm last night) was at 5000 acres. The fire south of us was at 7000 acres.
No one was hurt in the pile up.

Great!!!! I finally found a Montana Thread. Thought I might be the only person in the state with chickens and a computer. I'm in the Bitterroot Valley and raise Welsummers, SP Hamburgs, Yokohamas, and Japanese Batams. Will be recieving Houdans and WL Red Cornish soon. Would be good to hear from other Montana bird lovers.

Great!!!! I finally found a Montana Thread. Thought I might be the only person in the state with chickens and a computer. I'm in the Bitterroot Valley and raise Welsummers, SP Hamburgs, Yokohamas, and Japanese Batams. Will be recieving Houdans and WL Red Cornish soon. Would be good to hear from other Montana bird lovers.

I'm two miles south of Hamilton!!!!!! So, hi neighbor.
smile.png

That's a very unique flock of birds - you must have worked hard to gather together all those rare breeds. I have always wanted to have a few Welsummers.
Welcome to the forum!

Megan.

Hi neighbor back Megan, Good to hear from you. My wife and I are on the north end of the valley between Florence and Lolo. We are on a small horse (hers) and chicken(mine) ranch, and yes I have an eclectic flock. My wife is disgruntled that the birds keep taking up more of the barn space every year but for the most part we all coexist. I will be incubating a new batch of Welsummers later this spring and you would be welcome to a few chicks if I have a good hatch.

We could really use the snow or rain Karla.

The fire up north at last report (7pm last night) was at 5000 acres. The fire south of us was at 7000 acres.
No one was hurt in the pile up.

I'm so sorry to hear there are fires, with the news these days all not truthful or not telling all that's going on, I had not heard of any fires . It's snowing as I type this its snowing like crazy. Nothing is sticking much, but it's wet out. Stay safe, am going to pray for those in the fire zones, sad to see anyone loose there homes from fires.

hi Rob Roo glad you found us, hey if you get the chance post some pictures, never heard of those birds you have, would love to take a gander. I'm over here in the butte erea. I have astrolorps and buffs, soon to have RIR from cackleberry. Love my girls!

Back
Top Bottom