Montgomery County Texas (Conroe,Tx.) Trade Days.... when exactly is the next one?

I got a Black Copper Maran. Not sure of age. They said "about" 9 weeks. Thinking closer to 13ish. She is bigger than my 13 week olds.

So how was it? were there lots of birds there, poultry, pheasants, quail?
I hear it might be moving this fall.

There were LOTS of poultry and pigeons/doves, some pheasants, and pet birds. Quite a lot to look at if you wanted standard sized chickens. Not so much Bantams. Silkies went F-A-S-T!! I heard one vendor telling a friend "Oh, we sold out of all the Silkies we brought already so we're going home" and this was BEFORE 10AM.

I will go to the next one in October. It was fun for an hour or so.

Last edited:
So how was it? were there lots of birds there, poultry, pheasants, quail?
I hear it might be moving this fall.
TONS of birds there. Mostly chickens but everything else was a there too much. A few of them sellers had dirty, nasty birds that you can tell werent taken very well care of. Just a money maker for them. It was sad and disgusting at the same time. Most seemed pretty decent though. Where did you hear it might move to?

There were LOTS of poultry and pigeons/doves, some pheasants, and pet birds. Quite a lot to look at if you wanted standard sized chickens. Not so much Bantams. Silkies went F-A-S-T!! I heard one vendor telling a friend "Oh, we sold out of all the Silkies we brought already so we're going home" and this was BEFORE 10AM.

I will go to the next one in October. It was fun for an hour or so.
See, I thought there were WAY more bantams than standards. Several sellers were sold out and leaving before 10. I was there at 8 and the really good stuff was sold instantly.

got there a little late
size wise it was maybe 80% of the last one
getting to the point of not sure if its worth the 2 hour drive

any word of where they are possibly moving it to?

I heard that the Fair Grounds is going to require insurance now and that will make it not worth using putting on. Stay tuned.
The only way to charge an entrance fee is to have a fence around it and the only places that have fences are the fairgrounds and they are starting to require insurance.
Bob

Back
Top Bottom