Apple Pie Moonshine

1: liter bottle of everclear
1: Gallon of Apple Cider
1: Gallon of apple juice
3: cup of white sugar
8: Cinnamon sticks
1: large pot
mason jars

Simply combine the cinnamon sticks, apple cider, and apple juice together in the large stock pot. Bring it all to a boil and toss in the sugars. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until all of the sugar is dissolved. Once you see that, turn the heat off and allow it to cool to room temp. This part is important because if you put the alcohol in while it is still hot, some of the alcohol will evaporate. Once the temp is down, dump in all of the everclear. Stur a little then poor into mason jars. If you don't have mason jars, you could always poor back into the cider and apple juice jugs, just remember to pull off the labels and make sure you know what they are. You can drink it right away, but it is best if you let it sit for a couple days and settle. If you put in mason jars, make sure you put a cinnamon stick in each one. If you put in jugs, toss a few in there.

Makes about 9 quarts of moonshine.

I made some of this to take to a wedding one time. I brought two jugs worth. I also made some hunch punch in a big cooler. When people started tasting the apple pie moonshine, it was the hit of the wedding. The groom even made me save him a bottle to take with him on the honneymoon. :)

Well... Not the traditional kind! Last month I distilled 400 gallons of 92 wt. percent ethanol.

But I'm a chemical engineering major... haha! I still appreciate the other kind. My friend made me some apple pie moonshine and it was so smooth. I'll have to ask if the above was her recipe.

Back
Top Bottom