More than one rooster ok?

thumbsup.gif
Sounds smart! Then later when chicken math kicks in good, you'll NEED another roo
lau.gif

lol! When chicken math kicks in, you'll need a whole other coop/run.
lau.gif

I haven't even got my first one up yet, but I can picture myself already, with several coops as I would like to eventually end up with a variety of little ones and bigger ones. I love the silkies. They are just so cute, and the batams, too. But somehow I think my family might like their eggs a bit bigger so will need some bigger laying hens, too.

My first coop sounds exciting, already, though. A friend is coming up next week and bringing some old, school-type fence panels with him and is going to put them together into a triangle. It will be on the floor and the sides, I just gotta work out to join it to my shed so they can go into the shed, and a door at the other end so I can let them out. Those fence panels are strong. No fox or goanna will get through it.
big_smile.png
I am excited. Can't wait.

I've been looking through the threads and pictures. Some of you have gorgeous set ups, and simple stuff used to put them together. One there with milk crates for nesters, I am pinching that idea. All I need now is a ready-built shelf for the milk crates to go in and I will be set in that department.

I am so thrilled with this website. Didn't know chooks were such popular pets. I won't look so silly after all, having chooks for pets rather than just as a farm bird serving a purpose.

Last edited:
When I got my chick last spring i had 2 roosters and 6 hens. hoped growing up together they would get along. They didn't so now I have to keep them seperated..

Back
Top Bottom