most beautiful rooster contest

Quote:
So, where did this guy come from? Do you breed SLW? I have some really nice SLW hens, but haven't had much luck finding a quality rooster for them.

Quote:
Yes ,he is a beautiful Boy!
love.gif

Thank you!!!
smile.png

Quote:
So, where did this guy come from? Do you breed SLW? I have some really nice SLW hens, but haven't had much luck finding a quality rooster for them.

I hatched him from eggs from Christine Cole in Oregon. He's Foley and Paul bloodlines. I have five more; one of unknown provenance whose back is too short, and Forty's three hatch mates. One of them is too skinny through the chest but may fill out as they're not a year old yet. The other two are almost as good as Forty. I might keep one more of them; the other one will be offered to our 4H group first and then maybe for sale locally if no one there wants him. Unless you're planning to make a road trip....

Quote:

I hatched him from eggs from Christine Cole in Oregon. He's Foley and Paul bloodlines. I have five more; one of unknown provenance whose back is too short, and Forty's three hatch mates. One of them is too skinny through the chest but may fill out as they're not a year old yet. The other two are almost as good as Forty. I might keep one more of them; the other one will be offered to our 4H group first and then maybe for sale locally if no one there wants him. Unless you're planning to make a road trip....

You think you're kidding, but.......... my husband is in CA right now, Santa Cruz, and I'm having him drive home via Willits to pick me up four Araucanas (the real deal, rumples and tufted). I got pretty excited when I saw your post and looked up Atwater CA, but alas, you are the wrong direction entirely! Sigh.
I'll have to look up Christine about some hatching eggs though, because that's a very nice roo you have there.

Back
Top Bottom