most friendly breed?

I agree with the above friendly breeds :)

Easter eggers can be skittish, but I've had two that are the best birds ever. All I did was pick it up at around 9 months and carry it around at a few hours a pop all day.. for about two days and she became the MOST chill bird I've ever had after a month or so of handling.
(She's my profile picture)

It all depends on the time you give the bird. If you put in a little time then easternly eggers are super neat and calm, but if not, they'll be more skittish
How does carrying them around help? I have heard this before but never asked. I have a 9 week EE that has always been skittish. I hold the same as my others (I have a Cream Legbar and Black Astralorp) but the EE is the one who always runs. I actually don’t hold the same amount as the others but I try. If I started carrying her around when I can would that help?

Out of: Orpingtons, Wyandottes, EEs, Ameraucanas, d'uccle (bantam), favaucanas (pretty much EEs), marans, which we have owned, our little d'uccle bantams are the friendliest birds I've ever seen. We have one that flies up on my wife's and kids' shoulder when they go into the run to visit the birds. She does the same to me, but I pluck her off and put her in my lap so I can pet her.

I love Ameraucanas and EEs, but they were the least "friendly" birds with big, funny personalities. The others have all been pretty friendly with the Wyandottes and Orps being pretty chill.

Back
Top Bottom