Motley Crew of "Ameraucanas" Update

abenardini

Songster
7 Years
Posted these guys from hatch to current. Few updates! They got an upgrade (got another run "module,") because they're spoiled birds. They now have almost 500 square feet of run space. I plan on adding another run module (bought from Amazon) to the other side to make a lower case T shape, which will add around another 200-300 sq feet but doing that in the winter. They have about 41 square feet in the coop with an OverEZ XL coop.

It has become clearer and clearer these are NOT true Ameraucanas (at least, not all of them are). I suspect that White Knight (the rooster,) is definitely some type of cross. His comb is not a pea comb. I have a clean-faced girl named Raptor, and another rooster (will be given to husband's aunt,) named Featherfoot due to his unfortunate defect of having a few stray feathers on his leg.

Several of these do appear to be likely true Ameraucanas with proper lavender coloring, facial adornments (beards and muffs,) so it could be true the small business hatchery had a rooster hop the fence of a different breed for some, but not all. I don't plan on selling any of these as true anything but will be clear if/when I do hatch and sell chicks. There are a few really gorgeous birds (Tux is the black one - very majestic,) and I do love White Knight, even though he's a mutt of sorts. Very sweet rooster but has a wacky comb.

Attachments

• Featherfoot.JPG
    Featherfoot.JPG
    849.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Gang Pic 2.JPG
    Gang Pic 2.JPG
    745.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Gang pic 3.JPG
    Gang pic 3.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • Gang Pic.JPG
    Gang Pic.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • New Run Attached.JPG
    New Run Attached.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • New Run Upgrade 2.JPG
    New Run Upgrade 2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • Omlette.JPG
    Omlette.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • Tux 1.JPG
    Tux 1.JPG
    967.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Tux 2.JPG
    Tux 2.JPG
    928.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Tux 3.JPG
    Tux 3.JPG
    921.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Tux 4.JPG
    Tux 4.JPG
    731.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Tux 5.JPG
    Tux 5.JPG
    791.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Tux and Tuffs.JPG
    Tux and Tuffs.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • White Knight 2.JPG
    White Knight 2.JPG
    424.5 KB · Views: 6
  • White Knight.JPG
    White Knight.JPG
    496.5 KB · Views: 6
Whatever their heritage, they are beautiful birds! And, aren't they SUPPOSED to be spoiled?
Haha that’s true and thanks! I have always wanted true Ameraucanas but haven’t met my goal yet. I’m blessed to have these guys, though, and I’m not one to cull for looks so it probably works out this way for the better.

Back
Top Bottom