Ivy~

Poppy~

Mario~ blue Mottled

Elvis~

Wizard~
Love Mario & Wizard~!
love.gif
droolin.gif

I was happy to see this thread since I have recently started raising mottled cochins.
love.gif
I hatched out eight babies, but one was weak at hatch and died right away. Two of the babies are splash pullets, the breeder subbed splash for blacks because she was short on eggs. The other five are two black mottle cockerels, on blue cockerel that isn't showing any mottling yet, and one black mottled pullet and one very dark blue mottled pullet with red leakage in the hackles.
sad.png
They are just 11 weeks old, so I am still waiting for them to finish filling out.
This is Prince Charming, my favorite of the little roosters.
This is the second little rooster, he was my favorite when first hatched, but he was extremely slow feathering. He was still naked when the others were fully feathered. I am still waiting for his feathering to catch up.
This is Little Boy Blue, he was the runt of the hatch, but he has caught up now. By his down markings I expected him to be mottled, but I don't see any mottling on him yet.
This is my favorite pullet, Pretty. She has been lovely since day one.
Here is the cute little blue pullet. I am so disappointed to see the red leakage. Her type is looking pretty good for being so young.

Here are the splash girls. The one in front has this funny light colored spot on her cheek. It was there in the down also. She reminds me of that guy who hosts Wipe out.
gig.gif

Awesome! I just decided I was going to concentrate on Mottled as my only color, so I will keep an eye on this thread. I have three young adults, and five one-month-old chicks in my basement currently. Next spring/summer I plan to expand quite a bit.

My only blue mottled cockeral (other chicks are three black mottled boys and only ONE black mottled girl, ugh) I am suprised by how light his coloring is.

Cochin booties!

Orion (6 months), Ivy (7 months) & Bluebell (8 months)

Orion getting his first bath and blow dry, what a good lil roo!

Soooo cozy!

Last edited:
gig.gif
Sarah, I am loving that bootie shot! Orion is so cute, and he looks very content all snuggled up after his bath.

Funky Feather's I am loving those splash girls.

So many pretty little cochins. Keep the pictures coming folks!

Lynne! Those are growing up so great! I love your pullet! She has wonderful type and will fill in even more as she continues to molt and mature. They both are real beauties! Didn't you have 3?

I so wish I could balance the white tips on the roosters but alas, it is either too much or not enough. I continue to work on breeding for better birds. It has been only 3 years of working on this variety for me.

Back
Top Bottom