MOTTLED COCHIN THREAD~!

Pics

Angelina~ 10 months

Angelina's mother Violet

Posey @ 7 months~

hey guys, if anyone is interested i've got Bo Garret line of large fowl mottled cochins...i'm selling 6 of their eggs up for sale. I am collecting now for a hatch of mine but will have 6 to sell and ship April 1 or sooner. if interested pm me...maker offer

Sorry i should have been a bit more specific. He is a E/e^b split, from a partridge cockerel X black hen. Had no idea either had mottling.
Being split on the e locus means this boy has better feet and shanks that a pure EE bird, much brighter yellow, but there is yellow leaking into the hackle feathers from the partridge, i suspect this will get worse with age too.

Amy, here is a photo of that cockerel I got from one of your Rascal's eggs. I posted something on your facebook page a bit ago and forgot I was going to follow up with a photo to you. The even-colored light grey, and your comment about only getting blue chicks from Rascal (phenotypic black mottled, probably recessive split black/self-blue) leads me to believe that when you say blue mottled, they may actually be self-blue mottled. I'd love to have a flock of self-blue mottled, they are lovely birds!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom