MOTTLED COCHIN THREAD~!

Pics
Mine hatched 2/16. Randy is from Roscoe and I think blue is from Napoleon nut I'm not positive. Blue isn't showing near the type as Randy is so he will probly go.

hey guys, if anyone is interested i've got Bo Garret line of large fowl mottled cochins...i'm selling 6 of their eggs up for sale. I am collecting now for a hatch of mine but will have 6 to sell and ship April 1 or sooner. if interested pm me...maker offer

hey guys, if anyone is interested i've got Bo Garret line of large fowl mottled cochins...i'm selling 6 of their eggs up for sale. I am collecting now for a hatch of mine but will have 6 to sell and ship April 1 or sooner. if interested pm me...maker offer

I have some of these due to hatch any day now! I am so excited! Can anyone say LF MF???? Do you all know how hard it is to get your hands on LF Mottled eggs? I could not pass up this opportunity! And chicken fever is very nice to work with!

I have some of these due to hatch any day now! I am so excited! Can anyone say LF MF???? Do you all know how hard it is to get your hands on LF Mottled eggs? I could not pass up this opportunity! And chicken fever is very nice to work with!
LF MF would be nice. Are you going to try it? I would but I don't need more LF right now. I've my 6 and there chicks are hatching so I'm set. :) (For a while)

I don't need another project but if they are here and with what I already have on hand I may put some together and hatch. It may be as slow as my buff Mottled project or Calico project instead of me pouring myself into it like I have my bantam Mottleds and MFs.

yall read my mind...that's why I got these guys! i'm so exited about this project...will b4 a long process but a fun one! thanks for the sweet words Amy! I've enjoyed working with you as well!

LF MF would be nice. Are you going to try it? I would but I don't need more LF right now. I've my 6 and there chicks are hatching so I'm set. :) (For a while)

I need everyone's honest opinion please.

Here are pictures of my only chicken that survived the coon attack when I moved last year. I have since rebuilt my flock but I am having a hard time deciding what to do with Bossy Betty. She is so sweet and she loves me! Bossy Betty has pretty good type but she has gotten whiter and whiter with every molt.

They way I see it I have 3 choices for Bossy Betty.
1. I can take her to auction and sell her and be unsure of the kind of home she will be going too. this is my last resort.
2. I can put her in with my 6 LF hens that I keep just for eating eggs. I am a bit affraid they will pick on her in there.
3. I can put her in with my mottled pen that has 3 pullets and 1 cockeral. This pen is starting to give me fertile eggs.

If I put her in the mottled pen with an under marked male do you think this would be a good idea?
Should I sell her or should I take my chances and put her with the LF girls?

Here she is

Thank you for your honest opinion in advance.
Tony

I breed these colored girls all the time and get very nice offspring. Most boys are less than well marked but I place mine with the boys that have very little white and enjoy the offspring. I do get some overly white kids but also get some phenomenal kids, too. It is a lot of hit and miss most of the time anyhow. When I breed 2 well marked Mottleds I seldom get well marked kids. It takes years sometimes for them to show their good white tipping so it is a toss up. Keep her and put her in your breeding pen.

Back
Top Bottom