MOTTLED COCHIN THREAD~!

Lynne! Those are growing up so great! I love your pullet! She has wonderful type and will fill in even more as she continues to molt and mature. They both are real beauties! Didn't you have 3?

I so wish I could balance the white tips on the roosters but alas, it is either too much or not enough. I continue to work on breeding for better birds. It has been only 3 years of working on this variety for me.

Amy,

I'm in love with all your beauties. No wonder you did so well at the show yesterday.

As for my hatch from you....I had 2 cockerels & 2 pullets. I sold one cockerel last week & the other pullet, although nice is "very" mottled. I'm using her with Ebony & Sparkle just to see what I may get. Ebony "looks" very black but I think after his first molt the white tips will be very visable. As for Sparkle, she is just a love & I can't wait to see her babies. Ebony, Sparkle & Tar Baby will be a year old on the 21st of this month. Can't believe it has been an entire year.

And a photo of yesterdays win of Best of Breed, Champion Featherleg and Reserve Champion in Show.

love.gif
droolin.gif

Lynne! Those are growing up so great! I love your pullet! She has wonderful type and will fill in even more as she continues to molt and mature. They both are real beauties! Didn't you have 3?

I so wish I could balance the white tips on the roosters but alas, it is either too much or not enough. I continue to work on breeding for better birds. It has been only 3 years of working on this variety for me.

I swear the second photo down looks like she is saying "Does this make my butt look big?!" :lau

Awesome! I just decided I was going to concentrate on Mottled as my only color, so I will keep an eye on this thread. I have three young adults, and five one-month-old chicks in my basement currently. Next spring/summer I plan to expand quite a bit.

My only blue mottled cockeral (other chicks are three black mottled boys and only ONE black mottled girl, ugh) I am suprised by how light his coloring is.

Cochin booties!

Orion (6 months), Ivy (7 months) & Bluebell (8 months)

Orion getting his first bath and blow dry, what a good lil roo!

Soooo cozy!

Awe lil Orion is Sooo adorable, I love these shots!!

Wow! Amy I just love the second picture, she is lovely! I also love the blue mottled, it is such a beautiful color. I need to start researching mottled genetics I have no idea how to breed for uniform mottling. Do those of you who have been working with this color for a while breed separate lines for roosters and hens like they do in some other colors? Is leakage color leakage a common problem in mottled? If you have a bird with good type that has color leakage would you use it for breeding? I would love to hear what you all think.

Wow Amy, congratulations again!!! I just love ALLLL of your babies!!
1f44f.png
2764.png
X2

So glad for this thread. I got a mottled rooster to improve type on my Millis but he came with a Blue mottled pullet and I am in love with them both. I posted a pic of her on the Cochin thread befor I saw this one. She finished her molt but he is still filling in feathers.
Here are Pappy and Bella Blue -

Back
Top Bottom