MOTTLED COCHIN THREAD~!

Pics
Looking adorable!
love.gif

All these pics of chicks! - I "need" some chicks!
Was thinking about getting the incubator running but then I remembered I already have 2 going. I have a couple of Mille pullets that think they are all grown up and are broody. I started my Spring hatching under them. I call them Green Incubators.

Last edited:
I have a lot of new bantam Cochin Mottled chicks hatching out, a Mottled Frizzle cockerel that I may sell, though I surely hate to and more eggs in the bator because I set what I don't sell.
And......... drum roll, please .......... I have LF Mottled Cochin eggs in the bator! Yay, me!
celebrate.gif

I have a lot of new bantam Cochin Mottled chicks hatching out, a Mottled Frizzle cockerel that I may sell, though I surely hate to and more eggs in the bator because I set what I don't sell.
And......... drum roll, please .......... I have LF Mottled Cochin eggs in the bator! Yay, me!
celebrate.gif
Will you have any Blue Mottled girls? I miss my Blue Bella so much. I did not plan to raise Mottles, just got the male to improve my Milles and she came with him. But...... they are so pretty!

I already have a very long list of people wanting blue Mottleds in roos and pullets but I can not foresee me ever selling any since I use them back in my own breeding programs.
Funny thing is that of all the blues I hatch from my Mottled pens are girls, I have never hatched a blue Mottled rooster except from my Frizzle pens. Even eggs I have sold hatch out blue girls.

I was wondering.... I have a splash cochin rooster, a blue mottled hen, and a black mottled hen.... is there any way I might get splash mottled or blue mottled from them?

If you breed a mottled to any other bird you will not get the mottling on the chicks. They will carry the gene so if you breed them together or back to the mottled parents there will be mottled chicks. I started with a Mootled roo named Dudley crossed him with 2 splash hens. I got all blue chicks from them. Here is a hen I still have and a roo I lost. The hens I have in with Roscoe for some mottled chicks. I looked at the chicks today and seen they are getting large white flakes all over there chest.

Some of the chicks from breeding the blues back to a mottled-

Back
Top Bottom