MOTTLED COCHIN THREAD~!

Pics
Just wanted to share some pics of my broody hens.

Guess who has at least one baby uner her!

She wouldn't let me take of picture of the baby but I did find look under her wing and got a peek!

Yes I have plenty of nest boxes but you wouldn't have guessed it by these two sharing! One has 2 eggs and the other has 4. They do trade off sometimes!
lau.gif

Just wanted to share some pics of my broody hens.

Guess who has at least one baby uner her!

She wouldn't let me take of picture of the baby but I did find look under her wing and got a peek!

Yes I have plenty of nest boxes but you wouldn't have guessed it by these two sharing! One has 2 eggs and the other has 4. They do trade off sometimes!
lau.gif

Beautiful Girls!!!

Hi all, i have recently discovered my partridge cockerel is split for mottled, and it seems so is the rest of my flock. i got this little fella from a cross to black to try and improve the type on my partridge,

and this girl from my two partridges. I havent seen many mottled partridge around, but i think they are lovely
smile.png
Here she is doing her best giraffe impression.

Last edited:
I realized I haven't posted any pictures of my Mottled pair, as promised...

They finally have eggs cooking in the 'bator.
The roo is on loan from my friend Ken

Hoping he passes on his type.

Just posting some pictures of the cockerels

Diggle Spriggs

Spriggs

I am in absolute love with these Mottled Cochin Bantams! FYI Amy Knoll, Diggle is from eggs I purchased from you last fall. Spriggs is from J Matts.

Last edited:
Handsome boys!
Diggle must be from a Tonka egg.

I need to get more photos and post but I spend way more time taking photos of birds people want to buy and do not get as much time to take photos of ones I plan on keeping.

I did snap this awful photo last week when I had a chance but the birds do not look as nice as usual. I have trimmed the cushions way down on all of them so it appears they are not typy but these were so full and thick I feared not getting fertile eggs. This is Ziggy, who is from Cleopatra and Grant and the 2 girls are from Rascal's pen and Tonka's pen.

From doing research I am thinking this is a mottled cochin. Whether or not it's a bantam I don't know can anyone confirm my thoughts? As well as determine whether its a male or female. It was suppose to be a LF Barred Rock obviously not but... I have fallen in love! He/she is 9 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom