MOTTLED COCHIN THREAD~!

Pics
From doing research I am thinking this is a mottled cochin. Whether or not it's a bantam I don't know can anyone confirm my thoughts? As well as determine whether its a male or female. It was suppose to be a LF Barred Rock obviously not but... I have fallen in love! He/she is 9 weeks old.

It's not mottled and it''s a cockerel

What do you think it could be? The tip of his wings and tail are white speckled if that changes anything. He was a hatchery order.

Nice pics and birds!
thumbsup.gif

Quote: No, none of my boys are related except for the new boy Ziggy, who is Grant's son.
However, Rascal has Tonka daughter's in with him so I am guessing all that white came from one of those. I always hope to see more white on my Mottled boys at a young age as most of the time they are so dark. Tonka is my hysterical Mottled boy and has incredible type but I have to watch how much white his hens have on them. I know they say it doesn't balance out but I get decent Mottling from that pen. Every kid is different, no matter what pen they come from.

From doing research I am thinking this is a mottled cochin. Whether or not it's a bantam I don't know can anyone confirm my thoughts? As well as determine whether its a male or female. It was suppose to be a LF Barred Rock obviously not but... I have fallen in love! He/she is 9 weeks old.

Frizzle baby. Could be Mottled but usually the Frizzles express it better. Oddly enough. The white may go away once the first yearly molt happens.

No, none of my boys are related except for the new boy Ziggy, who is Grant's son.
However, Rascal has Tonka daughter's in with him so I am guessing all that white came from one of those. I always hope to see more white on my Mottled boys at a young age as most of the time they are so dark. Tonka is my hysterical Mottled boy and has incredible type but I have to watch how much white his hens have on them. I know they say it doesn't balance out but I get decent Mottling from that pen. Every kid is different, no matter what pen they come from.

I love hysterical mottling! I think it will eventually mix well. That is half the fun!

Back
Top Bottom