MOTTLED COCHIN THREAD~!

Pics
Miss Dorothy allowed some photos today

She has really started getting it together! Another year and she will knock your socks off. Her coloring is really spectacular to me but I like a lot of white. Isn't she just the cutest with her personality? I miss her under my feet in the brooder room.

Thanks she has quickly become a favorite.  Do you still have Tuba?  I thought that she was black or is she dark blue?  If you are looking to sell blue mottled pullets this year let me know as they are hard to come by in the midwest.

I still have Tuba. She is my favorite hen. Believe it or not, she is a MF/ Mottled. I will probly have a lot of blue mottled for sale this fall. I'll let you know when I have some available.

I wanna see Buddha's babies. :)

Well, as you know I lost most of Buddha's babies along with one of the blk mottled hens from Amy's eggs & one of my older blue hens from you.
I lost approx. 24 chicks in the ambush & the two hens. The little ones (11) were 2 weeks old, 8 were 4 weeks old. I had kept only one from my very 1st hatch 2/24, so she was right at 3 months old and was looking very good. Also, lost 3, 8 week olds that I had kept from a hatch of some 20+. I had only one solid blue out of some 60+ hatched, so sad to have lost it. Also, have had only 3 splash hatch, lost one earlier, lost another last night, so now I only have one more left.

I had said no more hatching this year but now I guess i'll rethink, but now of course I only have 3 hens left
hit.gif

I've read so many reports of others goign through the same ordeal & now unfortunetly know exactly how it feels, it awful!

So today I lost my Blue Mottled boy I had growing up. He was fine until I got home and he was pretty much dead at that point. He was looking a lot better than my other boys I have growing. The others have very little mottling and are a very deep blue over thee lighter washed out which made him so neat. I never did get a picture of him either.
hit.gif

Mike

So today I lost my Blue Mottled boy I had growing up. He was fine until I got home and he was pretty much dead at that point. He was looking a lot better than my other boys I have growing. The others have very little mottling and are a very deep blue over thee lighter washed out which made him so neat. I never did get a picture of him either.
hit.gif

Mike
Oh gosh, you are having a hard year with the chicks
th.gif
Sorry to hear about this.

Back
Top Bottom