MOTTLED COCHIN THREAD~!

Pics
Oh gosh, you are having a hard year with the chicks
th.gif
Sorry to hear about this.
I do have one really young chick to watch that may look like him but he could change as he is only 6 weeks. Who knows if he will even have decent type. I will keep hatching and hoping for the best.
hmm.png

Tonka photos from yesterday. I put some new ladies in with him that finally started laying eggs big enough to set. Trimmed cushions so the girls look all nappy. There are more hens in there than shown here.

He is just the sweetest rooster. I can reach in and scoop him up for some loving and he cuddles right up to me. I get some really nice chicks out of him. I know the "experts" say that he will pass on that streaking but so far his kids that I have kept haven't gotten it. Maybe I just select the ones that are looking nice enough and my subconscious knows the ones not to keep.

1 of the 2 pullets I'm keeping from Roscoe. His black daughter just doesn't have the type I want in a Cochin. She will be going next time I can get around to going to the auction.

Roscoe- he does't have much time for pics with all the other boys running around with the hens.

Back
Top Bottom