MOTTLED COCHIN THREAD~!

Pics
OMG! He has even more white tipping and both are very handsome birds!
I keep begging my roos to get more tipping! I would like to show one of them at some point.

This is Ziggy. I have a bunch of his brothers since they are so nice. I just wish they would keep the white! This photo was taken recently and he is about 1 1/2 years old.

Where is the white tips? I want to see more white tipping on my boys. I know they do not have as much as the girls but still, I do not get nearly enough on my boys.
Amy, he is awesome. Quit your bitchin' Most of us would be thrilled with this boy. If he ever needs a warm vacation spot in the Winter, just send him to me ~!! :)

Quote:
Wow! I can't believe they let that word stay on here. The other day I typed the word p*i*s*s*e*d and it got removed!

Anyhow, I do love my boys but I have struggled for the last couple of years to add more white back to the boys but only my girls get it. For some reason once they molt out at 6 months or a bit before they drop all those lovely white tipped feathers and come back in this dark. It is very frustrating! I added other bloodlines and still got the same results. I have read all I could on it but it seems I need a genetic code reader for my birds to figure out what modifiers are holding the white tips back on my roos!

I am pleased with the nice kids I hatched out this year. I have tried to keep only the best back for myself but have sold far more girls than I wanted to. I have some older ladies that are not laying as well and I lost 2 super nice roosters. I am moving forward but just frustrated that I can't figure out what to change to get more white tipping on my boys.
And to think some people only agonize over eye color.
th.gif

Wow! I can't believe they let that word stay on here. The other day I typed the word p*i*s*s*e*d and it got removed!

Anyhow, I do love my boys but I have struggled for the last couple of years to add more white back to the boys but only my girls get it. For some reason once they molt out at 6 months or a bit before they drop all those lovely white tipped feathers and come back in this dark. It is very frustrating! I added other bloodlines and still got the same results. I have read all I could on it but it seems I need a genetic code reader for my birds to figure out what modifiers are holding the white tips back on my roos!

I am pleased with the nice kids I hatched out this year. I have tried to keep only the best back for myself but have sold far more girls than I wanted to. I have some older ladies that are not laying as well and I lost 2 super nice roosters. I am moving forward but just frustrated that I can't figure out what to change to get more white tipping on my boys.
And to think some people only agonize over eye color.
th.gif
Holy Cow~! I had no idea I could have my hand slapped over my language. Note to self: BEHAVE~!

Amy, you aren't any different than the rest of us in wrestling with the problems that arise when we try something new & it doesn't work. I run around with this vision in my head of what the chicks "should" look like when I put a particular roo in with a hen. Then reality steps in, after hatch, & I wonder "where" these odd looking chicks came from???? Then it's back to square one.

Hey, are you having fun? Are you pleased with most of the results? Do people drool when they see your birds & you can't say "no" to a sale? Do you pick up a particular bird & find joy in the touch & smell as you cuddle it ? If you said "yes" to any of these, you are a bird lover. No matter what the stuggles, you will still push on to see what next year brings. We are the dedicated "sisters & brothers" who find delight everyday in our sweet Cochins. Love ya Sister~!

Thank you, Lynne! You are my inspiration, my cheerleader, my big hug of confidence! You always make me feel better about what I am doing! It gets difficult sometimes, as I know you understand!

Thank you for those fantastic words that help me forge ahead!
bow.gif

Hello I am new here in fact this is my first post :) I have been reading so much useful information on this site!! I have 5 big girls 3 RIR, 1 Leghorn and a Blue Ranger,

2 weeks ago I got 12 week old 3 silkies 2 chocolate Orpington's and a lovely Mottled Cochin ( well I think its that ) she seems to have a deeper voice that the other chicks and I am not 100% on the sex can any one help me?

Thanks,

My hysterical Mottled roo, Tonka, threw this boy out of a hen with a good bit of white. I was tired of getting mostly black birds from my Mottled pens.
This fella is 3 months old.

Here is a pair I just sold to a very lucky person.

I need to sell another pair but with the weather being so awful I do not think I will be able to ship until March, if even then. It may be more like April. I often just sell locally if someone is looking for some. We have a poultry show next month I may take them to but people interested in these beauties are not usually local to me and want to purchase at pet price.

I am not sure if I posted the girls I took to the show last month......

This hen took Reserve Variety under each judge. There were 2 shows that day. There were 3 Mottleds in the class and I had 2 of them.

This hen took Best of Variety each show and Reserve Breed each show. She is the daughter of my avatar, who won Reserve Champion in Show at this same place last year.

Back
Top Bottom