MOTTLED COCHIN THREAD~!

Pics

Here's my mottled blue hen Blue Bell. She's very beautiful and glad she's mine! She's under a yr old (this summers chick) And still spotting out, but happy with her type! Too bad she had some poopy stuck to her fluffy butt feathers and I had to cut it otherwise she was almost a perfect circle! LOL!

Hi All ! Could you Please give me your opinions of my boy Shadow. I would like to possibly show him this coming spring. Be honest, I need to know the good, bad & the ugly
frow.gif

I'm here to learn so have at it !
What color do you consider him to be................. Splash ? Blue Splash ? Splash mottled ?

OK, I'm confused !! ( sometimes it doesn't take much
lau.gif
) If my roo is Splash & my hens are Blue....................... how did I get black chicks ?????

Doesn't Splash X Blue = 50% splash, 50% blue
Here's the chicks...................... it's raining here today so they look a bit scruffy !!

On Alert !!! My Rottweiler had just poked her head in the coop !!

The cock bird you have is not splash, he is a very light blue and that is how you got black chicks. While his phenotype may fool some his genotype does not lie and if he produce black chicks then he is a blue.
He has nice type but the color is poor and I would not recommend showing him.

Bo

Thank you Bo. I appreciate the information & opinions of experienced breeders such as yourself and Amy. So he will stay home....................... hopefully I will be able to get some nice chicks out of him & the girls !

Along with Rufus, my frizzled black mottled cock, I have three young pullets. They have not begun to lay, but I'm hoping to put them in with Rufus when they do start.

Cold mornings here and the birds are not happy about it.

One of my young new breeding Mottled boys in with some blue Mottled hens. I call him Razmatazz.

The last son I got out of Grant. I don't like his wing set but he has other nice qualities. He has better coloring than does his brother, Ziggy.

One of Grant's last daughters. She needs more white tipping but it often comes later on my ladies.

I think I will show this little lady in a few weeks.

The judges haven't liked this hen as well as my others but I think she is very nice. Each one tells me something different they do not care about on her but I keep showing her. I think her and Tonka make beautiful offspring.

Back
Top Bottom