Mottled houdan??

luke1992

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 6, 2012
Hi,
Recently I bought a brinsea incubator and put 3 chicken eggs that my father acquired from a friend of his which he also acquired from a friend.2 of them were small eggs and the other one was twice te size.Out of the small once hatched one golden sebright and out of the large one hatched what seem a mottled houdan but has only 4 toes.I am not so experienced in chickens so could pls someone tell me what breed and if possible the gender?

That has already crossed my mind but do black polish have white on their wings and tail?thanks for you quick reply

Not sure where you got yours...but hatchery quality ones do. I have had several and they varied greatly on the amount of white, but all of them had at least 1 white primary flight feather and 1 white tail feather....they didn't have that much white on the chest though and they all had greyish legs.

It could be that they are a mix.To tell you the truth I have acquired these eggs to try the incubator and if my father`s friend is right they have originated from a breeder that exhibits his chickens in shows.

after its first molt youll have a better idea on the color its gonna be. but it is coloring out like a mottled bird, but still not a houdan probably a houdan mix

i dont think even a houdan mix it even lacks the fifth toe that houdans have but whatever it is it looks like it will be mottled.

Back
Top Bottom