Mottled Houdans gender

UPDATE: So I had Houdan 2 DNA sexed and the result was MALE! So I think they must both be males because they both have the same long pointy feathers in the tail. I guess they are very slow maturing birds. Still no crowing and no male behaviour. Anyway, to avoid upsetting my neighbours I have had them both at the vets today to get the Suprelorin implant done, which will hopefully stop the crowing from starting in the first place. Fingers crossed!
fl.gif

Neither of them look male to me, if you are sure they are both at least 6 months then they are both pullets surely? never owned this breed though so don't know how fast they mature, strange that the DNA test is indicating otherwise but I guess only time will tell, you have went to great lengths to make sure they will not crow!

One of them has 5 toes, the other had 4.5 on one foot and 4 on the other. yes they should have 5 toes on each foot. However they are the best houdans I can get in Western Australia, as there is only one breeder that I know of in the whole state and I got them from her. So I can't be too choosy!

Back
Top Bottom