Moved: all my chickens need new homes (NH, BR, BA, sex-links, and a PC)

TeaChick

Crowing
7 Years
May 5, 2013
Deep South
My Coop
My Coop
I moved and now I have to get rid of almost all my chickens.
hit.gif

I'm very sad about this, but DH is letting me keep a few of them.
Here's what I have:

6 New Hampshire hens hatched in Sept 2014, 1 hatched in Feb 2015, 1 hatched in Aug 2015 (she was hatched from my broody hen; the older ones are hatchery birds; I get mostly large and some extra-large eggs from them)
(two have set and hatched eggs for me, one let the flock peck one of her chicks to death, so I gave her second chick to the other broody and she protected all the chicks for about three months)

2 New Hampshire roosters: 1 hatched Sept 2014 (purchased with the hens), 1 hatched Aug 2015 (hatched with the hen mentioned above)

11 Black Australorp pullets: hatched Nov 2015 (hatchery birds; a lot of them are laying, but I don't know which ones are and which ones aren't, but whoever isn't laying right now will be soon; I'm getting small eggs from them)

3 Black Australorp roosters: hatched Nov 2015 (hatchery birds; all crowing)

6 Barred Plymouth Rock pullets: hatched Nov 2015 (hatchery birds; most are laying, I don't know which ones, whoever isn't laying now will be soon; I'm getting extra small eggs from them)

Older chicks:
cockerel hatched Dec 2015 (pure NH)
cockerel hatched Feb 2016 (half NH, half Partridge Cochin, feathered legs)
2 pullets hatched Feb 2016 (pure NH)
pair hatched March 2016 (pure NH)

I'm willing to sell to multiple buyers, so first come, first serve.

Who am I kidding? I don't have time to post pictures; I wish I did b/c they're really pretty birds. I'm sorry.

I was going to keep a few but I'm not going to be able to keep any.
hit.gif

Here are the few I was going to keep:
- Partridge Cochin hen (proven broody; fostered chicks I had hatched; I had her set the eggs in a brooder, b/c I did not think she would be able to protect them from the NHs, and I had had a NH broody allow the flock to peck to death one of her NH chicks, so I wasn't taking any chances). (hatched Feb 2015)
- Golden Comet: very good layer; average five eggs a week all year long (daily in summer and a little slower in winter); but she's 3 years old.
- Golden Buff: was the extra chick when I ordered the Barred Rocks and Australorps (hatched Nov 2015)
- Red Production hen: hatched Feb 2015

I have free ranged my chickens all along. They forage well enough and are fed scratch grains (BOSS, oats, wheat, milo) as needed. Their eggs will be a little larger if they're confined and if they're fed layer rations, as most ppl do.
Thanks for checking out my listing.
frow.gif

Last edited:
Hi TeaChick! I'm just posting here so that I can follow this thread. I already sent you a PM with all my questions and such, so I'll just leave it at that. Thanks again.
smile.png
I look forward to hearing from you!

Back
Top Bottom