Movies with Chickens in Them?

I think the movie "2012" has a scene where the lady is getting ready to process one for dinner. I never used to pay attention to chickens in movies before and now, i spot them immediately. Of course, when I watch reruns of "The Little House on the Prairie" you notice that there are chickens in most episodes.

LOL If you like b horror, there is poultrygeist - Night of the Living Chicken. LOL I haven't seen it yet so if it's too horrible, I'm sorry. It's in my mail from Netflix today LOL

Then Chicken Run, Rock-a-doodle doo, the Disney movie Robin Hood has a big hen :D, Wings: a tale of two chickens.... Hmmmm. There are others but I just can't place them right now.

Marie Antoinette had a Wheaten Marans in it. . .
tongue.png
I'll give them big credit for that because I can list a LOT of movies with chickens in them but nearly every single one features either Sex-Links, production-bred Rocks, or production-bred Reds. Very inaccurate especially when showing either timepieces or other countries. I did see one movie with a good looking european-based Sussex in it, but can't remember what the movie was.

That history of the chicken thing was extremely disappointing in my opinion.
hide.gif
A guy who had a mixed flock sure but the hens were in terrible shape and had very worn out backs, a lady who revived a chicken from being frozen, a weird lady and the worst quality "Silkie" I've ever seen, and the worst was a couple who didn't have chickens but complained all day every day about the gamecock owner/breeder next door to them. Honestly I wanted to see the gamefowl. Love gamefowl. But I did enjoy the story about the mother Silkie, but still, the show didn't even bother to upon up the viewer to the diverse breeds, or the history of the chicken (misleading title) or even bother to show a junglefowl.

Again, sorry
hide.gif
it was just disappointing.

Oh, but the show Lost? Loved the fact that they actually had feral gamehens. That's what one would actually find on an island like that. And I bet they actually used feral Hawaiian hens for it.
lol.png

Oh, thanks so much for all of these wonderful movie tips! Most of these movies I've never heard of, so it will be great fun to check them out!

I thought it was wonderful how that woman gave CPR to her frozen chicken. I love people who love their chickens that much.

Don't forget the beginning of "Wizard of Oz":

Aunt Em is frantically emptying chicks out of a malfunctioning brooder and putting them under broody hens. That's why they don't have time to listen to Dorothy.

Back
Top Bottom