Moving chicks into coop

Thank you! Chicks did well their first night out, I think we will just go very slowly with the "see don't touch" and the gradual intros, we have the space to guve it time. Aporeciate the advice!

Thank you! Chicks did well their first night out, I think we will just go very slowly with the "see don't touch" and the gradual intros, we have the space to guve it time. Aporeciate the advice!
You can always supervise them out with the big ones for a few hours at a time, multiple times if you don't have a way to let the little ones run and hide to a safe location.
You can then also "peck" the bigger hens (gently poke them in the head) if they get too aggressive with the littles.
You might still want to have things for the littles to hide in when they're in with the big girls, but when I didn't have the maternity ward I did the supervised visitation thing. I didn't lose anyone. I did end up sitting in a 7x3 box for a few hours a day for about a week, which I don't recommend. 😂🤣

You can always supervise them out with the big ones for a few hours at a time, multiple times if you don't have a way to let the little ones run and hide to a safe location.
You can then also "peck" the bigger hens (gently poke them in the head) if they get too aggressive with the littles.
You might still want to have things for the littles to hide in when they're in with the big girls, but when I didn't have the maternity ward I did the supervised visitation thing. I didn't lose anyone. I did end up sitting in a 7x3 box for a few hours a day for about a week, which I don't recommend. 😂🤣

Back
Top Bottom