Kattzombiee

Chirping
Apr 15, 2023
My girls are now 7 and 8 weeks old, and I feel a bit over due for the big move out, lol! We already have 2 hens (about a year old) that are in a Tractor Supply coop with a run built into it, which is inside the much bigger chicken yard my husband is about 75% done building. The big girls are out inside the secured chicken yard daily, with the coop's attached run being their extra safe space while we're at work. We opted to buy a second of the same tractor supply coop to move the babies into, as we felt this was definitely our best option to ensure our babies safety. This will also give them run space and the coop they need while their new big sisters decide if they like them enough that they can come out and play in the big yard! lol. Down the road we will be building a big coop for everyone to be together inside of, but for now, this will work best with our suddenly hectic life. So, I definitely need some tips on moving these ladies outside! I am a bit of nervous wreck about it. I feel good that they're safe, but anything you guys recommend for those first few days/nights outside? Anything to watch out for? Anything that's good to do "just incase" like water additives, etc? Thank you chicken experts :hugs

Last edited:
long as theres plenty of room should go pretty smooth .. might want to make another temporary feeding station for awhile to cut down on squabbles around that ..

long as theres plenty of room should go pretty smooth .. might want to make another temporary feeding station for awhile to cut down on squabbles around that ..
They will have their own food and water containers inside each smaller run :)

My girls are now 7 and 8 weeks old, and I feel a bit over due for the big move out, lol! We already have 2 hens (about a year old) that are in a Tractor Supply coop with a run built into it, which is inside the much bigger chicken yard my husband is about 75% done building. The big girls are out inside the secured chicken yard daily, with the coop's attached run being their extra safe space while we're at work. We opted to buy a second of the same tractor supply coop to move the babies into, as we felt this was definitely our best option to ensure our babies safety. This will also give them run space and the coop they need while their new big sisters decide if they like them enough that they can come out and play in the big yard! lol. Down the road we will be building a big coop for everyone to be together inside of, but for now, this will work best with our suddenly hectic life. So, I definitely need some tips on moving these ladies outside! I am a bit of nervous wreck about it. I feel good that they're safe, but anything you guys recommend for those first few days/nights outside? Anything to watch out for? Anything that's good to do "just incase" like water additives, etc? Thank you chicken experts :hugs
I’m new to chicken keeping as well and I got some really good advice from here and I followed it. I was nervous moving my babies outside (at 9 weeks) but they took to it like champs and I was proud of them. They even got on the top roost, all 12 of them the first night. I have a WYZE camera inside the coop so I could watch. Good luck 😊

Back
Top Bottom