Moyers Specialty Broilers

After reading the Moyers website I felt they did a great job of describing the different attributes of their various meat birds. Other sites just tell us about their color as if I care to read what I see in a picture. I want to trying the Royal meat birds from Moyers, they grow slower than the CX but still have the larger breasts.

I really like their choices there at Moyers for Meat Birds.

Of course they have the CornishX that all the hatcheries have but then they have the really interesting stuff. Their Specialty Broilers. Most appealing to me are those Imperial Broilers.

How’d they do and which broilers did you receive?
I received the specialty broilers that have the pattern similar to a barred rock with orange color also.
Excellent birds great amount of meat. Would definitely order them again. Everyone who had them couldn’t believe the amount of meat on them.
BUT keep in mind it also depends on the feed they get. I feed mine free choice with Poulin Broiler Feed. The amount of fat in the birds was unbelievable. 5-5.5 @ 9 weeks.

To give you an example:
An individual purchased some chicks from me when I got them. He was complaining they were so small. In the same time period his birds were only 3lbs. All he did was give them some feed in the morning. I told him if you want meat you need to feed them they won’t gain on eating grass. I swear some people are just down right dumb!
Here’s a photo of the ones I received:
91D8CA1D-8BCA-4098-B4BF-44A6D4714809.jpeg

These birds do grow fast, even when you are not feeding them for butcher, I have one of the barred colored broiler and she is heavy at 14 weeks of age but not for slaughter because I feed mine(and keep mine) with Layer Leghorns so they get normal layer feed and only on daylights, they seem to grow so fast because compared to leghorns just about anything looks larger lol

Back
Top Bottom