MPC Easter Egg GIVEAWAY!

I ended up with one EE from my MPC eggs out of 5 that went to lockdown. I'm very sad to have lost the others but I know it happens. They were pretty wet and I think two quit around day 17 BC they were kinda icky not sure what caused it but I think I have a cool spot despite the fan I forgot to rotate theirplcaes in the bator was the only thing I can think of

I ended up with one EE from my MPC eggs out of 5 that went to lockdown. I'm very sad to have lost the others but I know it happens. They were pretty wet and I think two quit around day 17 BC they were kinda icky not sure what caused it but I think I have a cool spot despite the fan I forgot to rotate theirplcaes in the bator was the only thing I can think of

:hugs
FWIW, the eggs DH set for me only produced one EE also and they were our own. I am grateful for the one that did hatch but kinda expected at least two. Not sure where we went wrong either as we're newbs at this and I did not look at the ones that didn't hatch as I'm not sure what to look for. I think next time I'll leave the hatching up to our on again, off again broody. Enjoy that Lil EE of yours!

I am still reading up on incubating, but it's sounds like it was too moist, they can drown in the egg if the humidity is too high. Who knew it was so complicated, but I feel up for the challenge. Sorry you only got one.

I am still reading up on incubating, but it's sounds like it was too moist, they can drown in the egg if the humidity is too high. Who knew it was so complicated, but I feel up for the challenge. Sorry you only got one.
The INCUBATING w/FRIENDS thread is packed full of incubation information. Lots of info in the Incubation 101 post, and a whole slew of searchable topics... not to mention the knowledgeable folks who can answer most any inquiry. Just thought I'd throw that in...
wink.png

The INCUBATING w/FRIENDS thread is packed full of incubation information. Lots of info in the Incubation 101 post, and a whole slew of searchable topics... not to mention the knowledgeable folks who can answer most any inquiry. Just thought I'd throw that in...   ;)
Thank you, I do try to go that route, but sometimes my questions go unanswered and I'm made to feel stupid, plus there's so many ideas and opinions it can just muddle up my thoughts and directions. I will keep reading, and tweaking my incubator, I have three weeks, my biggest challenge is deciding which thermometer of my multiple ones to trust, and which temperature to choose, as well as humidity, dryer seems better. I had it all figured out until I added a fan kit, which changed everything.
1f601.png

Thank you, I do try to go that route, but sometimes my questions go unanswered and I'm made to feel stupid, plus there's so many ideas and opinions it can just muddle up my thoughts and directions. I will keep reading, and tweaking my incubator, I have three weeks, my biggest challenge is deciding which thermometer of my multiple ones to trust, and which temperature to choose, as well as humidity, dryer seems better. I had it all figured out until I added a fan kit, which changed everything.
1f601.png
I personally use dry-incubation and only add water during lock down. I live in the south-east though and have plenty of humidity in the air.

Alex
My Pet Chicken

I personally use dry-incubation and only add water during lock down. I live in the south-east though and have plenty of humidity in the air. 

Alex
My Pet Chicken
Thank you, I think it's the route I'm going too, my basement has been around 50% humidity so I think it's adequate and I didn't plan on adding any water until lock down, now if I could get the temperature adjusted correctly, it seems to be different all over since adding the fan kit and I'm tempted to remove it, decisions, decisions. Thanks for the advice, I'll take any.

The ones DH set were supposed to hatch on easter but we got one 2 days before. Then after the holiday he went to "man camp". I didn't have the heart to toss the other eggs in the bator but we're well past easter now. I picked up 3 chicks (for company of course) and I'll be darned if today ...

THIS!!! :lol:

The ones DH set were supposed to hatch on easter but we got one 2 days before. Then after the holiday he went to "man camp". I didn't have the heart to toss the other eggs in the bator but we're well past easter now. I picked up 3 chicks (for company of course) and I'll be darned if today ...
THIS!!!
lol.png

SURPRISE! lol

Back
Top Bottom