MPC Easter Egg GIVEAWAY!

I've had Marans in the past, but they did not lay the proper color egg. It would be awesome to win some of the Marans eggs. I've also been itching to get into the Legbars. Of the two, I would have to say I would really like to win the Cream Legbars.

I would love to win the intense egg color collection or some bluebars. What a great idea & very generous of My Pet Chickens to offer this contest to BYC members
1f60a.png

Seems like a fun thing to do, I would hope for somthing eyecatching and that lays colored eggs. Maybe something from the fun and funky assortment, or something from the intense color assortment <3

Last edited:
Hmmmm. Where do I start? There are So many I would love to order. Intense egg colors, the posh collection, seramas (both versions) and all the new EEs like the green super egg layers. Basically I want them all!

Last edited:
Great news! My Pet Chicken has two fertile egg suppliers focusing on rare and in-demand breeds. They are NPIP--of course!--and they’re outstanding. We are so excited about our new breeds and in an effort to help you share some of our excitement we are timing our Spring Giveaway with the Easter Hatch-a-long.

First, we’d like to make sure that members know that our Frizzled Seramas and Fun and Funky assortments are 10% through the end of February.

Next, we’re giving away a dozen eggs each to three lucky people who comment on this thread !

The winners of our giveaway will be chosen randomly on February 26th, so they can ship the following Monday. The eggs will be hatchery choice (based upon what the girls are laying at the time)... but do tell us about the breeds you’re hoping for in your comment/entry, and we’ll do our best to accommodate the winners’ wishes.

About our new breeders:

Both of our new breeders focus on hardiness, egg size, and meeting breed standards. For instance, have a look at our many rare and in-demand breeds .

mfCM11rUE4DxVtAelJbxnak0jPDwUHl54Jf_1A1OTrJUv0uswEeaTAvj9mTUI1LMsJ5Y9I95wkXzcKv-8tfPeYbsExaYTWGaVTnM9PUXykqUxZBXceAEQ2-eV79v-Ajde9FjCZFZ

Have you been dying for true B richen Marans, Coronation Sussex, or Rees Line Cream Legbars ? We’ve got ‘em!

Want to add some Funk to the Flock?

Or maybe you want a yard of colorful hens that lay intense colors, or large blue eggs! Check out our Intense Egg Color Collection or our Cuckoo Bluebars !

Vtm2dWDt0a1UvrYV-c9JmspekLCrsNLB0piTc95vfZnEmdjFalkXLeYeKn7CVjc8fzld0NzH3hJtE0roW_daXNdypZwxcpvv8sNPNsk6AGOaG32YtQM3psmDfEmw55OWE4CNglqD

y2B5jUPjPPUnYbQFsBP6S0Ex1ZXYRejjQHmSeB9fM9rLODCfcUQwzkV0P4O8OdHHTm4uCQyxFF0cyuqwjEqkLEXb2Cd2GBSSjuCGQE-vKCofw11dk3eWZeTrXo8cN2E-2QgoXyJm

Shipping:

Each of our breeders uses a different shipping method.
H92kZa9SLaFcfo4RFmR3wj_2d7A8ixGXcaHsocA4PHCTln8fPESGpMO406ImkzFmFY6dL1y9HIApWxs8fTdB6IuoCuLTUrfdsBFUhf9RBu1Bk2NK3TJ6_toEAFdPXkND503J3LAz

XBMgHugwbkoSHdM5xlecJbE8dnivB4VU-KL7U_Co7pAzLDfAzGTdHOAWhlBywBntAmjt__p5J2xAwXs_Tb21K0UUxQF8CEwDqGrh4LkxZewtik547wx87VUhYTT7iGa7IWHAfBDR

Here, we individually bubble wrap the eggs for maximum protection. Once wrapped, the eggs are placed and secured in an upright position with layers of newspaper or foam to ensure their safe arrival.
JDZmk9EdDZ4jqkJLFx20qFOydl6_mARjYy-40_apy0nI6kb2YF8egWEhxxSbpqosXxaOHJe20ZqvcuHoTtxAJOFEy2bcMXSYwPNaQsnusQYurBA-eFyHNAN26IsVAKjd4JztOFlB

j-VnJf1uJ1w9CyRMNxamT8MisbbjLNbvzLBm-WOwXZ9dRtJDiXQnJLTOzY4nntiR4PEnvdZIHq5QFjY_fxowgtFTFhMOugw5lCe9or6s6qlK2a4RYN8ZBgRgnbvMoL7UMgPlpWRb

The second method uses an innovative foam layer, specially designed to cradle the eggs individually and absorb any shock or jostling experienced during shipping.

Storage:

Our fertile hatching eggs are collected every day and are properly stored (large end up at around 60F). They're stored based on age, so we can ensure you will never be shipped eggs older than 3 days old. Eggs that are older than 3 days are set weekly to check/confirm fertility (and feed our own hatching addiction of course!), and we routinely achieve 95% home hatch rates.

When we are not hatching a particular breed, we crack eggs open for weekly fertility spot-checks (and afterward quiche, or occasional angel food cake--it's our weekly fertility celebration!) When fertility drops temporarily due to season, for example, we remove the flock from production until fertility returns to desired levels. The bottom line is that our flock health and proper breeding management are top priorities.

So… have you been dying for rare breed eggs? To enter the giveaway, browse our varieties, and comment on this thread about which you’d prefer to receive.

It’s a win-win!

Alex
My Pet Chicken
Super fun! I'm a certified addict now having just finished my first hatch... I'd love some good ol' australorps... Or a surprise!

Wow, what an awesome giveaway! Thanks My Pet Chicken!!!
bow.gif

If I am one of the fortunate winners, I would Love to get some of your English Buff Orpingtons, I have been wanting to try the English Orps for a while! Other dream breeds would be Speckled Sussex, or Bielefelder, and any color of pure Ameraucanas would be great as well! Maybe BANTAM Ameraucanas or EE's...
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom