MPC Easter Egg GIVEAWAY!

Is it possible to have two chick's in one egg?? Just the one egg has piped and hasn't progressed much but I hear two cries! One coming out of the pip and sounds like one (muffled) behind it? None of the other eggs are moving so IDK. I'll try to capture on video if possible.

Very rare but yes. Just like human twins it is possible but you usually lose one or both chicks.

It is possible but you'll most likely need to assist.  Let me see if I can find the video for you...

Thank you! Just watched it and WOW that looks nerve-wracking!
DH says the pip looks exactly as it did when he woke up this morning. Do you know how long I should wait before assisting? I think it's supposed to be 24 hrs under normal circumstances but, unless a solid unpipped egg can peep, these are not normal circumstances.

DH says the pip looks exactly as it did when he woke up this morning. Do you know how long I should wait before assisting? I think it's supposed to be 24 hrs under normal circumstances but, unless a solid unpipped egg can peep, these are not normal circumstances.

My chicks peeped in the shell before they pipped last time.

It is possible but you'll most likely need to assist.  Let me see if I can find the video for you...

There are 2 kinds of pips an internal and external when a chick pips internally they poke through the air sack and can peep then without having the external pip so its most likely you have an egg that is internally pipped.

There are 2 kinds of pips an internal and external when a chick pips internally they poke through the air sack and can peep then without having the external pip so its most likely you have an egg that is internally pipped.

Oh, thank you! I didn't know that :/. So would it be best to let it be until morning? I don't want to hurt by helping but the feathers that are exposed are drying to the shell.

Oh, thank you! I didn't know that
hmm.png
. So would it be best to let it be until morning? I don't want to hurt by helping but the feathers that are exposed are drying to the shell.
Typically I allow the external pip for 24hrs before I get worried. Mine talk a lot inside their shells. Please go slow if you help. Fingers crossed for the chick!

Alex
My Pet Chicken

Oh, thank you! I didn't know that :/ . So would it be best to let it be until morning? I don't want to hurt by helping but the feathers that are exposed are drying to the shell.

Typically I allow the external pip for 24hrs before I get worried. Mine talk a lot inside their shells. Please go slow if you help. Fingers crossed for the chick!

Alex
My Pet Chicken

Thanks for chiming in, Alex! I was reluctant to assist because I wasn't sure if it was ready but the poor thing was screaming all night long. I ended up assisting at 3:00 am, gently removing parts of the shell and dampening the membrane which I left in tact. Then I put her back in the bator. She was hatched out when we woke up but it seems she has some deformities to her right leg and wing :(. The leg is not directly under her, it's more behind her and the hock (?) seems swollen. Also her right wing does not look like a wing, it's more of a stump. I haven't taken her out of the bator yet. Is it safe to do so?

Back
Top Bottom