Mr. Joy has passed away...

heavypetting

In the Brooder
13 Years
Jan 14, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I am sad to report that Mr. Henry Joy, gentleman rooster, therapy chicken and beloved friend, passed away peacefully Thu. Jan. 8,th 2009. In his 9 years of life, he touched many lives proving that when it comes to love, neither size nor species are important.

Mr. Joy had a special knack for making people smile. He loved riding in his tiny basket, meeting people all over North Carolina at charity fundraisers, art galleries and pet parades. He reached a worldwide audience through his website www.mrjoy.net, with fans as far away as New Zealand that appreciated his special charm and message of animal sentience. Mr. Joy helped enlighten many folks to the plight of chickens raised in factory farms but he may be most well known for his work as a therapy pet. Mr. Joy visited nursing homes and assisted living centers locally bringing smiles and laughter to many elderly and disabled residents. His therapy work gained nationwide attention through television, radio and newspaper stories allowing him to reach an even wider audience.

Although he had a busy ‘work’ schedule, Mr. Joy spent plenty of down time, just being a chicken. Mr. Joy leaves behind his adoring wives, Henrietta and BeBe and two human parents who were blessed to know him.

hugs.gif
I'm so sorry he's gone. He will be missed...

hit.gif

Oh poor Mr. Joy and his owner. He was a special boy. I had his picture on the office fridge for a few months. He was in his Halloween costume - an apron with "Eat People" smeared on it like blood marks. What a character.

What sad news! I'm so sorry to hear that! He brought so much happiness to the world. He will be missed by many, in addition to his loving family.
hugs.gif

So sorry about the passing of your Mr. Joy. He really sounds like he was a fabulous and one-of-a-kind rooster.
hugs.gif

I checked out mr. joy's page and he was a one of a kind roo. such a handsome man! i'm sorry to hear he has gone, but he left this world a much sweeter place. people who have met him will talk about him for years to come. i see your do photography, i'm in kingsport tn. NE tenn. and i was wondering if you would take some sweet pics of my gals since you do such wonderful work. let me know if it's somthing you'd be interested in. i have tried but my photography skills are def. sup par! sorry again.

Back
Top Bottom