much ado about VA

Quote:
Oh! Wow, I'm glad you mentioned that. So most of the traffic will be at TSC?

I'm so easily confused.
hu.gif
roll.png

Quote:
http://www.mapquest.com can be a very good friend, but there are other mapping sites, too.
smile.png

Powhatan looks to be an hour or so West of Richmond, approximately? maybe?

The TSC location is about 40 minutes west of downtown Richmond. Which way would you come from Danville? Up 360?

You can take backroads up through Amelia and Powhatan, and avoid Richmond altogether.
thumbsup.gif

I went to the last meet at Powhatan (TSC) and got a few buff orpingtons. I just joined this forum yesterday, but have used the site for information for awhile. I have mostly Rhode Island Reds, one Ameracauna (green eggs/got her by mistake but love her, several Wyandottes (golden and silver laced, and Colombian), two different kinds of Brahmas, barred and white rocks, buff orpingtons and brown leghorns too. I have two roosters---a Rhode Island Red and a Brahma. My grandfather raised and showed chickens over in Germany and I fell in love with them through him. I have owned chickens my entire adult life (and I'm old)
lol.png

I also have 7 cats (all fixed), four dogs (3 are ex hunting dogs that came to us when they no longer wanted to hunt:lol:--also fixed ---and six horses and a pony. I also have my neighbor's Guinea hens and her flock of 6 roosters.
sad.png

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I wanted to remind you that our WV ChickenStock is next Saturday the 25th from 10-2 at the TSC in Martinsburg. I talked with the manager today and he said he can't count all the calls he gets each day asking about the event. We have a half dozen vendors but would LOVE LOVE if some of you would like to come a give some support and BRING CHICKENS!! Everyone wants show birds, silkies, ameraucanas, orpingtons (Prissy)
big_smile.png
, laying hens and ducklings and goslings. Please pm me for more details.

Thanks!!
10091_chickenstock2.jpg

Hello, I am from Palmyra Va. Its about 20 min from Charlotttesville, 50 min from Richmond. My family is new to raising chickens, but really love it so far! We have six chickens (not sure of sex yet), 2 Barred rocks, 2 white rocks, and 2 RR.

Back
Top Bottom