much ado about VA

I have heard of a few of them but wouldn't recommend them. The big swap at Gilmanor is good and they have the state vet out there. Some of those smaller swaps do not have the state vets and many sick birds have been sold. We even used to attend them but to many problems. I would recommend finding someone on craigslist or asking around and find a breeder locally. We breed marans, blrw, polish and other breeds as well! you can check us out at www.bishopschickens.com

Brandon

when is the next swap meet at Gilmanor Farms??? Or anywhere else close to the richmond metro and surronding counties.

Quote:
oh wow... i know where u are... i looovvveee the eastern shore..lol purdue, lots of chicken houses on 13...i'm in va. but i travel to va beach then north to the shore several times a year...i've worked all up and down the shore..you're lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! close to the islands... camped at pony island this year...our town police chief came from your town! ha! 4 real... nice to meet u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
clap.gif

the swap at Gilmans is typically the first saturday in May. There were some changes last year in the fall, so I am not sure of the date yet. You can try checking that Virginia Poultry Breeders site. They usually list it.

that is a fantastic swap meet. As anywhere, know what you are looking for and decide for yourself if the bird meets the standard that you want. There are birds of all qualities there!

M

Thanks Mergmet...I appreciate that. I have been once to it..it was Great. You are right, it is a wonderful place to go.

Mergmet..am I stupid or what. I never knew there was a Va. Poultry Association. I just printed off the form. I will sign up tomorrow when Iget to work. will they send me the info. then..or is there a website I can look on and see it.?

Back
Top Bottom