Nebraska

Roosterkelly

In the Brooder
Mar 14, 2024
UPDATE:

A lovely member of this community gave me the phone number to the Lincoln humane society and they will take him! I am so happy and relieved. I have been so worried about him. Now the next problem, I have to get him into a dog vet crate and drive one hour. Hahaha.

He is very nice and comes up very close so I am thinking to not feed him in the morning and then when I am ready to go (noon) I will toss a bunch of food in the carrier and he will just go inside!! Ha. Then put him in the back of my covered truck and go.

Wishful thinking?

————————

Original post:
Hello Nebraska

I need some help and advice for an abandoned rooster.
Someone dumped their rooster in my yard about a week ago. I have tried calling and posting on everything to find his home/or a new home.
I was told by a petting zoo/rescue that if I posted on Facebook “Omaha chicken talk”, someone would take him right away, but they won’t approve my membership! Ha.
My goal in writing here is praying someone can help me find this lovely guy a safe home.
I live in council bluffs Iowa , which is basically Omaha Nebraska.
Anyone close to me have any advice? Help is needed. Thank you everyone. I’m Kelly by the way ha.

Last edited:
Hi Kelly! I'm not in Nebraska but I know the Rooster dilemma. No one has dumped one in my yard though, that sucks! So the first thing I do if I have a Rooster is Craiglist. I've been able to trade pure breed Roosters and also just give them away. If you post a pic of him, you can find out his breed right here. My other option that you might not be into, is we have a drive through poultry processing farm nearby. I would google "hatcheries near me," to find breeders and processing. I feel so lucky to have many options because we ALSO have a "Rooster Rescue" not far away.

Hi Kelly! I'm not in Nebraska but I know the Rooster dilemma. No one has dumped one in my yard though, that sucks! So the first thing I do if I have a Rooster is Craiglist. I've been able to trade pure breed Roosters and also just give them away. If you post a pic of him, you can find out his breed right here. My other option that you might not be into, is we have a drive through poultry processing farm nearby. I would google "hatcheries near me," to find breeders and processing. I feel so lucky to have many options because we ALSO have a "Rooster Rescue" not far away.
Thank you for your help and advice. I am happy to let you know that another member here gave me a number for the Lincoln Nebraska humane society that will take him! I am so happy!
Now, I have to somehow get him into a large dog crate and drive to Lincoln (1 hour ) tomorrow. Hahahahhaha. Advice on that?

Back
Top Bottom