Mugged...by chickens! :D

GrannyHeeney

Songster
Apr 18, 2018
Upstate SC
When Hubby was on his final tour at Camp Adder in Iraq, there was some sort of sparrow he sent me photos of. These things would lie in wait, unseen, and if someone happened to drop some food item, they would swarm from out of nowhere. Woe to those who happened to drop a Twinkie--no hope of recovering said Twinkie, as it would be gone in moments. Being the bird fanatic that he is, Hubby of course would save pizza crusts and such for these little fellers, and he nicknamed them "piranha birds."

I experienced a "piranha bird" moment tonight; Scrambled and Dumpling knew it was snack time and they knew what was in the orange plastic bag I was holding when I came out of the house. Unfortunately, there was barely a handful of sunflower seeds left, but they mobbed me. If they had been kittens, I know they'd have scaled my legs. I had to retreat and find more snackage for those two very un-lady-like ladies. Rice and a bit of canned sweetcorn left over from dinner helped a little, but I can still see them out there, walking back and forth on the other side of the gate. Piranha birds, indeed! ;D

When Hubby was on his final tour at Camp Adder in Iraq, there was some sort of sparrow he sent me photos of. These things would lie in wait, unseen, and if someone happened to drop some food item, they would swarm from out of nowhere. Woe to those who happened to drop a Twinkie--no hope of recovering said Twinkie, as it would be gone in moments. Being the bird fanatic that he is, Hubby of course would save pizza crusts and such for these little fellers, and he nicknamed them "piranha birds."

I experienced a "piranha bird" moment tonight; Scrambled and Dumpling knew it was snack time and they knew what was in the orange plastic bag I was holding when I came out of the house. Unfortunately, there was barely a handful of sunflower seeds left, but they mobbed me. If they had been kittens, I know they'd have scaled my legs. I had to retreat and find more snackage for those two very un-lady-like ladies. Rice and a bit of canned sweetcorn left over from dinner helped a little, but I can still see them out there, walking back and forth on the other side of the gate. Piranha birds, indeed! ;D

Get them a Kong toy from the pet shop, you stuff treats in the openings and they have to manipulate it to get them out. Gives their brain some exercise and takes them longer to demolish the treats.
I used one of those kong toys as a shift knob on my old truck. the original one came up missing.:idunno

Back
Top Bottom