Multiple Punctre Wounds from Neighbor's Dog... Please Give Suggestions

Pics
Thank you so much, this puts me at ease.
I am able to keep her inside as long as I need too, especially since she is missing quite a bit of feathers. But how long is too long for her to be without her other 2 sisters?

carefull, she might grow accustomed to indoor life and try to sneak in all the time. i have 2 injured chicks that refuse to go outside when we go to carry them to get fresh air

put down a pillow you dont care about too much with a grimey pillow case, put a garbage bag around the pillow itself so it doesnt get nasty from droppings and wash the pillowcase every other day to keep bacteria down. no fabric softener or soap if you can at all help it.

let her sit on the couch next to you on the pillow or in your lap on the pillow and gently stroke her back a little. she will relax and begin to purr, if that happens you know shes comfortable.

also, mix up a gallon of water in a well washed milk jug. 5 325MG asprin ground fine and dissolved in hot water, if you can de coat them or buy uncoated pills to make your life easier. mix in 1tbsp apple cider vinegar, 2tbsp of molasses and combine all ingredients into hot water. shake well then add the rest of the water into the jug and shake.

this will help replenish some iron lost due to the attack, offer pain relief, and help aid in any stomach problems that may have arisen from the attack from her body being crushed. i hope this helps you like its helped my girls

now that ive had time to view from my computer, pay very close attention to her tail section, imparticular her preen gland, if this gets infected at all its a uphill battle to rectify even with antibiotics in use. i hope my information has helped. view my post in the pecked hen thread to see fairly detailed care instructions for injurys to chickens and how to care for them

Last edited:
Just updating everyone. Sniffles passed away at about 2:30am last night. Her health continued to decline during the day. I am glad I got to be with her the extra time I did. It's been such a struggle. I wanted to thank everyone again for all your help.
I honestly dont know how people keep chickens though, this has been harder than losing any animal I've ever had. The amount of time I put into her made it so hard to let her go. And chickens are so fragile, I just dont think I'm cut out for it.

Last edited:
Just updating everyone. Snuffles passed away at about 2:30am last night. Her health continued to decline during the day. I am glad I got to be with her the extra time I did. It's been such a struggle. I wanted to thank everyone again for all your help.
I honestly dont know how people keep chickens though, this has been harder than losing any animal I've ever had. The amount of time I put into her made it so hard to let her go. And chickens are so fragile, I just dont think I'm cut out for it.
I am so very sorry for your loss. :hugs.

Just updating everyone. Snuffles passed away at about 2:30am last night. Her health continued to decline during the day. I am glad I got to be with her the extra time I did. It's been such a struggle. I wanted to thank everyone again for all your help.

I'm so very sorry to hear about Snuffles:hugs

You did everything you could for her. It is hard to let them go, especially when you have been giving one extra attention.

Back
Top Bottom