Multiple Roosters only 1 crows?

Stellasmomma

Songster
May 23, 2022
I hope I am posting this in the right place, I have a question about Roosters. This spring I got 4 Jersey Giant chicks From TSC and 2 of them turned out to be ROO's and they are very nice! I noticed that Bruno is the only one that crows he is defiantly the dominant Roo of the 2 poor Antonio challenges him once in awhile but looses his courage and walks away every time. If you have multiple Roo's will only the dominant one crow? They are about 14 weeks now Thanks!

I had two roosters once...didn't realize it until I gave one away and the other started crowing. They were Polish bantam BCM crosses so it wasn't very obvious up until that point but in my limited experience with roosters old enough to crow that sounds perfectly normal

I had two roosters once...didn't realize it until I gave one away and the other started crowing. They were Polish bantam BCM crosses so it wasn't very obvious up until that point but in my limited experience with roosters old enough to crow that sounds perfectly normal
Thank you, this is my 1st time keeping Roosters these boys are very nice so far, I am told that Jerseys are usually pretty mellow so I hope they stay this way!

I have 3 roosters. The dominant doesn't crow, the second in command crows constantly and is trying to steal ladies, but most are scared of him, and the third is a chivalrous roo who is still developing his full crow.
That is so interesting! I have 3 also the 2 Jerseys and 1 little satin, Bruno the Alpha Jersey is still the only one who crows and he is defiantly the boss the only issue I have run into so far is he has started bullying my Oldest silkie hen (she's 2) This little hen is full of fight and more then happy to take him on you can imagine this doesn't go well with the size difference. Elvis is my silkie momma with a crossed beak and is very sweet she loves people but she wont take any crap from anything! I am hoping this this gets sorted out or he will need a new home. I did not want any roos just ended up with them from my last batch's of chicks and thought if they did not cause trouble they would be good to have to protect the flock. The little Satin roo is very laid back so I don't foresee him ever being a problem the big joke is where you might find Albert napping LOL

Back
Top Bottom