Murray McMurray Hatchery?

duckman4450

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 1, 2012
Last year, I ordered from Metzer Farms hatchery. I'm not sure why, but I chose this hatchery which is a 28 hour drive from where I live, in Chicago. I ordered the minimum of 2 ducks. The first time, I received the ducks dead after waiting 3 weeks after paying for them to ship. They disregarded my emails for 10 days, then finally shipped a new batch. A few days later, now 5 weeks after initially ordering them, I got a call from the post office saying the threw out the ducks because it smelled so bad, and they were dead. NEVER ordering from them again, that's for sure. Anyway, what are your experiences with McMurray? I only live 5.5 hours from McMurray. Do you think there is a possibility of the ducks getting to my post office same day as being shipped? I know that is a tall order, but I really wouldn't be up for anything longer than a day after my past experiences. And also there are only two. So what are your experiences with McMurray; their bird quality and shipping time? Please state where you live and how long it took for your birds to get to you. Thanks
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I have gotten several orders from Metzer and have never lost even one. Maybe you should get a larger amount so that it would increase their chances. You guys have had some cold spells up there lately and just two would have a really hard time. Maybe you can find someone that would split an order with you. Or you could just buy more and then sell them your self locally. If you want just two and price them right, the two that you keep could be free to you. Just a thought. Good luck

I just got my first order from McMurray about 2 months ago, I ordered 18 chicks. I recieved an e-mail from them Sunday morning saying they had shipped and I got a call from the large post office distribution center that they arrived at 10am that same Sunday morning
ep.gif
and I live in upstate New York!

All the chicks arrived alive and well, very active and they are all doing great.

Back
Top Bottom