Muscovy eggs, please help quick !!

cluckers&quackers

Songster
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
Vermont
I gave my goose 4 muscovy eggs that were due to hatch on this past Friday, (the duck skipped out on the nest and the goose eggs were no good).

My goose has been setting faithfully to the point that I have been concerned because she has not touched her food for days.

She is now off the nest, has been eating like crazy, walking around etc.

I found one dead duckling, one has pipped enough that I can see it's beak through the hole, one is peeping and one I am just not sure.

If she does not go back to the nest, what do I do? I am recently new to incubating and have been having great success with chicken eggs, but have no idea how to do a muscovy egg
hu.gif

I currently have chicken eggs in the bator but could set them in there if I need to, just don't know what to do with them?

Thanks for any help
smile.png

If she really has left the nest I would put them in the incubator and bump up the humidity for a couple of days until they hatch.

You're probably more humid there than I am, I put in wet sponges and fill all the water trays. You don't want the window foggy but maybe a little around the edge of the windows.

Back
Top Bottom