Muscovy Hatching Chart

Miizki

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 24, 2010
I really want to hatch some scovies and I want to try to have a good hatch rate. I have never incubated before, but I might try incubating some chicken eggs before so that I can get a feel for it. I'm trying to stay organized about this, so I made a chart in Excel to help me stay on track with the hatching. Here is a picture of the chart:

MuscovyChart.jpg

Are there any mistakes? I edited this one from my chicken hatching chart, so I might have a few errors. Is there anything else I can do to help me get a good hatch rate?

Last edited:
Yes, you are missing a few things.
1. Are you using a still or air circulated incubator?
2. They don't get turned starting with day one.
3. You don't list your misting or cooling schedule. This depends on the kind of incubator you are using.

Otherwise you are already on track with what you are doing. Sound like you plan on hand turning. Have done that, but prefer a goose egg turner (so they lay on their side) instead. I would suggest to also put the date for each day into the chart so you don't loose track.

Katharina

I have a small fan for my incubator. What day do they start turning? How often do I cool and mist? I am still making the incubator but it will be out of a cooler and it has a small fan inside. I will add the dates once I know exactly when they arrive (but first i need to order them
smile.png
). I do not however have an egg turner so I will have to do it by hand. Thank you for the advice
smile.png

Ok so then I just mist once a day from day 10 on to the end? and the last three days I stop turning right?

OK I edited it. Did I get everything now? (Once I know when I will order some I am going to put the date on each day)

MuscovyChart2.jpg

Great chart will help me since im doing muscovy eggs for the first time.
Thanks for posting it....

Last edited:
Pdsavage - Just beware of the differences in the two charts- top one states increase in humidity for the last few days of incubation- but the bottom which is supposed to be the corrected one one doesnt- Eggs need to be turned from day 1 not day three- it is even recommended that eggs be turned daily if they are not incubated immediately. Muscovy eggs are a little different from other ducks - often better results are achieved when starting them under a broody- for the first week or so. Misting is something that can have mixed results- as to weather it really is needed every day- I only ever misted mine twice a week - the same as other duck eggs. 99.5 degrees for temp- lower by 1 degree for hatching.

Oh i know i was using it a a guild line,i have been reading alot of diffrent post on here and other places that all say diffrent things.
I have added notes to the chart.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom