Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Okay, so I was thinking that these were like chickens and the light blue was called self blue or lavender, and that the darker shade was just blue. But in muscovies lavender and self blue are different? Or there are many different shades of blue? So sorry if these are stupid questions, I have zero experience with the colors in these birds and I want to eventually sell eggs and ducklings so it would be good to know what I'm selling lol.

its ok. I think you are right with the self blue and darker blu just being blue. I think lavender is different coloring lines, but I could be wrong. Check with miss lydia

I just got these pretty guys yesterday.

Can anyone tell me what colors they are? I was told blue ripple and chocolate ripple. Chocolate ripple maybe. but blue ripple I'm not seeing.

The drake:

Closeup of the pattern on the brown girl:

Beautiful birds.
smile.png

I just got these pretty guys yesterday.

Can anyone tell me what colors they are? I was told blue ripple and chocolate ripple. Chocolate ripple maybe. but blue ripple I'm not seeing.

The drake:

Closeup of the pattern on the brown girl:

Lovely! that said i don't see any chocolate varieties?

Ok so I was told these are lilac by a few people on here, but can I have another opinion? I got a duckling from them and the chocolate drake, what color does that make the baby?

Bad picture, but here is the duckling. It looks like a silvery chocolate, but lighter..

please excuse my bedroom. I have been so busy hatching that I havent had time to clean :/..

Status update on bumble foot:

Several babies had early signs, poured antiseptic an hydrogen peroxide on their feet, now they for want I walk because it burns :(

The ones that I moved inside are getting better, trying to schedule surgery for the baby girl who has it on both feet, the second place on one of the feet is getting better since it was only starting to form

Please pray for baby girl Marigold and big boy Widge

Status update on bumble foot:

Several babies had early signs, poured antiseptic an hydrogen peroxide on their feet, now they for want I walk because it burns
sad.png

The ones that I moved inside are getting better, trying to schedule surgery for the baby girl who has it on both feet, the second place on one of the feet is getting better since it was only starting to form

Please pray for baby girl Marigold and big boy Widge
Buck why would you do surgery before trying the colorless iodine then you may not have to do surgery. And peroxide isn't good to keep using okay once but not to keep on it isn't good for their skin.

Back
Top Bottom