Muscovy keepers share your pics!

DSCN3873.JPG

Has anyone ever used this person before?? (Link Below) I'm thinking of adding new bloodlines to my Muscovy flock and haven't found anyone near me with the Muscovy colors I want. Also any near Rensselaer,Indiana, There is a animal swap/ flea market on June 18th, 2017 from 7am-1pm. I hope to see and buy some muscovy ducklings or adults. :fl :fl :fl Fingures crossed! And I hope to meet some BYC Members there!
http://daffyspalaceducksandchickens.com/moscovy-ducks/

Flyer-1-232x300.png IMG_1499.JPG

I'm having issues with my male muscovy's fertility. I have tried on two separate occasions to hatch a dozen eggs (I only have one male muscovy and 4 females) and I have seen him succeed in mating with them but... the eggs never develop (I'm using an incubator.) Not even the ghost of a vein.

Is he just a dud?

What age do male Muscovy's start to get their bumps on their face?

My ducklings are hitting their 8 week mark and the males are just starting to show a little red where the bill meets the face. The little girl has nothing yet.

He, females, or even all of them may be a mix breed of a Muscovy and common duck, thus making them infertile. Could you post pictures of them?
Also many people have found using a incubator for Muscovy eggs doesbn't work out. Try letting your girls hatch their own. And crack a fresh egg open and look for a bulls eye.
I'm having issues with my male muscovy's fertility. I have tried on two separate occasions to hatch a dozen eggs (I only have one male muscovy and 4 females) and I have seen him succeed in mating with them but... the eggs never develop (I'm using an incubator.) Not even the ghost of a vein.

Is he just a dud?

Back
Top Bottom