Muscovy keepers share your pics!

So tried selling expensive and quality flying birmingham roller pair, and parlor tumbler pair.. ended up taking two pathetic scovys instead. i needed more as much as i need more holes in my head! So now have these two supposed females that for hours each at different times recent, were tied up in boxes seperated, each with a dwarf rabbit buck, in trunk of car (i traded for the rabbits too, lol).

One has a messed up wing, but obvious female by noises. other looks more male maybe but caruncling exact same and size ect wise, but it attacked all my males that are younger but much bigger until daddy "shrek", and two or three of maybe his draklets hatched beginning of sept, ganged up on and sumod then neck wrestled then wrestled and pinned and now chase at times. daddy has twice as much more than these two girls but my draklets have less. they are supposed to been "born" june, but caruncling is like 1.5-2yr ones on here, were my supposed about year old female at time when got in july has half caruncling maybe they do. My mamma choco duck "feona", has thin dull orange since went broody, the two new ones "connie and carla", is thick bright red but they have knicks ect on beak of having layed liked she got, but theirs not darkened. the other non wimg gimped new scovy also wasn't making any really female sounds till recent, making more of choking cough sound only couple times at males, and acting as if trying to choke up or down something. they were filthy but worlds looking better now, though them trying to go for creek in wooded area that leads to river eventually, made me eventually try to herd them back to pen from pond my scovy bath in, which took hours, as they just played ring around the rosie in tree line in between my front door and pen. terrifying them even more i imagine and now don't see them come out at all and eat or drink.. the one now also seeming since bathed cleaning reeking caked on filth off at pond, to be making slight hissing like females and some other more girlish maybe sounds. they were afraid of the water reflection ect or something till i herded them in, then they almost looked like fighting to stay upand get back to shore then around for some time. They are so much more beautiful now! They have very thick legs and long tails ect like stunted males though the one or both chitter when closest together and far away from me.

how long can they go for without food or water? they have warm corner doghouse and i keep feed and water next to, other than regular feeder and waterer for others. they share pen with six ducks and a drakelet, as removed other drake causing trouble, and now spy them out some from hidey hole when i come up to pen before they then shoot back in.

Dang.. sorry that was so long winded.

@dtaratut,
I have choco and white scovy, that going to let breed in spring, but locals asked about have first dibs (reserved since fall. lol), so may have many, may not depending on if i get great clutches hatches and sell all of the early spring ones right away. mine seem wanted for free flighted free ranging ability and yet come home from flying around to pen at night (i have large strong dogs that protect my other animals, as no fences yet). I've never shipped birds out before, so would have to look on that more.

Hey guys! Is anybody selling chocolate and/or chocolate and white pied ducklings or will have any availiable soon. I am located in PA. I AM REALLY INTERESTED IN PURCHASING SOME FOR MY FARM. Does anybody have or have plans to have ducklings in that color availiable soon.
learycow is in Southern Maine, she may have what your looking for, might try PMing her and also check on your states thread in the Where am I where are you.

hello everyone! About a week ago I posted that i would be getting some lavenders soon. Well picked them up yesterday and I am totally smitten
love.gif
The drake is so big and handsome and he has two little girls to pal around with in the pond out behind our house. Can't wait for warmer weather here in Indiana to say the least! Well, here are picture as promised!
Here is one of the hens thinking it's appropriate to go full body into the drinking water! lolol
Can't wait to get them outside to enjoy them!!!

hello everyone! About a week ago I posted that i would be getting some lavenders soon. Well picked them up yesterday and I am totally smitten:love The drake is so big and handsome and he has two little girls to pal around with in the pond out behind our house. Can't wait for warmer weather here in Indiana to say the least! Well, here are picture as promised! I want them! Lol Here is one of the hens thinking it's appropriate to go full body into the drinking water! lolol Can't wait to get them outside to enjoy them!!!
I want them lol

Last edited:
hello everyone! About a week ago I posted that i would be getting some lavenders soon. Well picked them up yesterday and I am totally smitten
love.gif
The drake is so big and handsome and he has two little girls to pal around with in the pond out behind our house. Can't wait for warmer weather here in Indiana to say the least! Well, here are picture as promised!
Here is one of the hens thinking it's appropriate to go full body into the drinking water! lolol
Congrats on those lovely Scovy's.

Can anyone tell me what these to light brown babies will be, two are gonna be black pie but I don't know what the others two are
There is no way of telling at this point, you just have to sit back and watch and wait they will go through so many changes it will blow your mind. they sure are pretty. Do you have the parents? what colors are they?

love.gif

Very pretty! and yeah, a bowl that size will have them in it for sure... lol

Back
Top Bottom