Muscovy keepers share your pics!

But keep in mind, females can have offspring from multiple fathers, since eggs fertilize over a period of 18 days, any male that mates with her in a week or so period could be the father of even a single duckling 

I only have three adults. And the broody female laid her eggs in a nest box off the ground that she guarded. The other laid hers in a corner on the ground.

Ye

I only have three adults. And the broody female laid her eggs in a nest box off the ground that she guarded. The other laid hers in a corner on the ground.[/quote
I only have three adults. And the broody female laid her eggs in a nest box off the ground that she guarded. The other laid hers in a corner on the ground.

Yup, I assumed since you said you had a silver adult male as part of your adult trip that he was the only possibility for a father. So, since there's no possibility that your black female stole one of the blue fenale's eggs, that duck has to be blue ;)

Does anyone know the standards for muscovies? I read something about no white on the wings?I have about 15 scovies and some chocolates, pieds, and a black.the black has like a gold lacing on his chest.normal? Any help is appreciated

Does anyone know the standards for muscovies? I read something about no white on the wings?I have about 15 scovies and some chocolates, pieds, and a black.the black has like a gold lacing on his chest.normal? Any help is appreciated

Send a PM to fowlman01, I think he will know.

-Kathy

Question - trying to sex my ducklings here - do the males sit more that the females ? At four weeks I have one bigger and one smaller and 5 in between... but the biggest sits a lot and I noticed that my other male teen sat too when he was that age but the female didn't.

Question - trying to sex my ducklings here - do the males sit more that the females ? At four weeks I have one bigger and one smaller and 5 in between... but the biggest sits a lot and I noticed that my other male teen sat too when he was that age but the female didn't.
My drakes when young sat more than the females, females are always busy drakes tend to just hang out.

Hi All,

Here's a pic of the two muscovy females we got about a week ago. Love how quiet they are - they sound like songbirds! I have a question, though, and I am sorry if this has already been discussed in this thread already but -- how well do muscovies lay? And do they lay at all during the winter?

Back
Top Bottom