Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Well, she lost one. So we are down to 7. But still pretty good for a week on the yard. Hopefully they have gotten fast enough we won't lose any more.
sad.png
Because I can't catch her to get her penned up. I have two more muscovy girls sitting on nests as well now.

Sorry to hear this.

Well... I have two children and I did not find out the gender with either of them and it was a piece of cake. However, I ordered 10 straight run duckling that are now 5 weeks old and it is DRIVING ME CRAZY! They are all the same size, same size legs and feet, some are getting a little bit more flight feathers than the others but they change so much day to day that its hard to use that as a determining factor. I will look at them from above when they are sitting down and think "oh wow, he is HUGE. That one must be a male!" and then it stands up next to the rest and I think "well, the chest looks more compact than the other ones so its a female!" I do this almost everyday with all ten. I go out and sit for hours and just watch them and I still have NO CLUE who is what. Any ideas?

LOL, I know the feeling. Just when I think I've got them figured out, someone goes and changes on me, lol. They sure are pretty!
love.gif
Precious! How old are they now? They look to be about the same age as Blanche's.

Oh gosh been there but only 1 time now our dachshunds are not allowed around the ducklings and chicks they can see them through the fence but can't get to them. Once they are size of adults they don't mess with them. It's the peeping that brings on the prey drive and size.

Hope you don't lose any more. @ameliadanielle
X2

Well after testing positive for ILT on Friday.. I am happy to say I got to keep all my ducks. (De-population of all my chickens (40) took place last Monday)

My babies are now nearing 6 weeks and they are and continue to bring me such joy!

Well... I have two children and I did not find out the gender with either of them and it was a piece of cake. However, I ordered 10 straight run duckling that are now 5 weeks old and it is DRIVING ME CRAZY! They are all the same size, same size legs and feet, some are getting a little bit more flight feathers than the others but they change so much day to day that its hard to use that as a determining factor. I will look at them from above when they are sitting down and think "oh wow, he is HUGE. That one must be a male!" and then it stands up next to the rest and I think "well, the chest looks more compact than the other ones so its a female!" I do this almost everyday with all ten. I go out and sit for hours and just watch them and I still have NO CLUE who is what. Any ideas? Where did you order the ducklings from? -Liv

Well after testing positive for ILT on Friday.. I am happy to say I got to keep all my ducks. (De-population of all my chickens (40) took place last Monday)

My babies are now nearing 6 weeks and they are and continue to bring me such joy!

My babies are about the same age. Can you tell male from female yet? they are beautiful!

I ordered mine from a hatchery in Oklahoma. I live in Texas and couldn't find any anywhere near me. The place is called Countryhatchery.net. this is my first time raising any type of bird so I had a ton of questions and he was very helpful and understanding. They hatched on a Tuesday and I received them Thursday at 6 am. The local post office just called and said "we have your birds!"

They have been such a joy to watch!

Back
Top Bottom