Muscovy questions.......

Newbie6789

Songster
Mar 4, 2020
Hi friends - I have a few questions regarding my ducks
1. Do muscovies wait later in spring to lay eggs? My Khaki's and Pekin have been laying for the past 2 weeks. No muscovy egg yet :(. It is round like a golf ball, compared to the others which are more oblong
2. Do muscovies catch and eat mice/moles??????? Our hen was trying to eat what looks like a young mouse
Thanks!!

Hi friends - I have a few questions regarding my ducks
1. Do muscovies wait later in spring to lay eggs? My Khaki's and Pekin have been laying for the past 2 weeks. No muscovy egg yet :(. It is round like a golf ball, compared to the others which are more oblong
2. Do muscovies catch and eat mice/moles??????? Our hen was trying to eat what looks like a young mouse
Thanks!!
They love little mice, rats or moles. If we find some we will let the go close to them! there better then Cats! Eggs are lager (if there a 2yrs) and waxy. They keep the farm/coop rodent free!

We are Hatching crazy!! - Oregon

Last edited:
Mine have been laying for the last month or so here in MN. It may depends on your individual ducks, if it's their first laying or not, and where you are geographically. They'll start soon enough and then be sitting on eggs all over the place lol.

Back
Top Bottom