Mute Swan population to be killed!!!! Has anyone else heard this?

chickensioux

Songster
10 Years
Feb 12, 2009
Western North Carolina
The DNR's lethal management plan arbitrarily targets a beautiful element of the Chesapeake Bay ecosystem, causing unjustifiable death and suffering. According to an eye witness, some swans are herded up, bagged and killed by hammer blows to the head and cervical dislocation. "

http://www.savemuteswans.org/

Last edited:
What is wrong with people???????????
sad.png

I just wrote a VERY long email to them, hopefully they will read it.
roll.png
This upsets me very much and it needs to stop.

Aside from eye witness acounts is there any other proof? I couldn't get to the site.

Incredible bad news.
I'd make a call any local Humane Society, Wild Bird Rescue and TV news stations.
A news report on the 6:00 news would create an outcry that would most likely lead to some alternatives.

Quote:
So should we save the swans or save the native environment?

They said it was more likely polution hurting the environment, not just the swans

SWANS VOICE is - "A group for people who want a HUMANE solution to the killing of Mute Swans. In southern states there isn't much of a feral swan population. Breeders make 1200 to 1500 a pair breeding and selling swans. Some are raised in puppy mill like environments. There is even a mail order swan service. These places that sell birds don't put any emphasis on educating people about not allowing the birds to breed. Yet fish and wildlife does nothing to stop these breeders but instead persecute the swans themselves when they escape and become feral. Swans could easily be located in areas for private ownership is in demand. No relocation ideas were even considered by the Michigan DNR. Wildlife Rehabilitators who routinely take in waterfowl are being told their captive birds will be killed as well. "

Back
Top Bottom