Mute Swan population to be killed!!!! Has anyone else heard this?

I would like everyone to read Boggy Bottom Bantams first post (over and over again) Anytime populations of anything get out of control in an area they need to be brought back in control. I personally dont think they are "tortured" or inhumanely killed. But most animal rights extremists will argue this one till hell freezes over. Last post on this thread for me though. Ill let everyone else debate this one. Ill watch, lurk whatever you want to call it
wink.png

very true!

and still all the same, for the most part, real breeders dont charge that anyway for mute or black. whooper ,tundra ,biswick , black neck yes. I can put BYC in to a stroke from link over load if yall like from breeder websites at $400- $500 but that really isnt the point of this thread. Even the links previously posted reflected that, most were in the $400- $600 range that I saw. The others are not breeders, just folks who probabley screwed up and bought them from one of those hatcheries we talked about and are now trying to get rid of them.

Quote:
I'm sure they are like the Eurasian Collared Dove around here... About 3 years ago we started seeing these other doves, and now we can shoot as many as we want all year long. Not many people go after them, but the mute swan may be that way as well... I haven't done any checking on that though... Invasive species will push others out completely, changing the habitat forever! Not good. A few swans can perish for the greater good here! Check out the pythons in Florida, and the now native Mallard population in Florida, that used to migrate back out, is crossing with Mottled ducks, resulting in hybrids and the eventual extinction of the species... Black ducks in New England are faced with the same problem...

Get rid of these invasive, non-native species. How its done has always been a touchy subject, but any way you look at it, they have to leave or we'll have bigger problems to deal with!

Travis

The three to four hundred dollar pairs you are talking about is fine and dandy. My price includes shipping, box, and the cost of credit card payments. It covers the ability of my family to have a roof over our heads and food on the table. It also covers the cost of a roof over the head and food on the table for all the suppliers I work with. It also accounts for being able to have them available for ordering on the internet at any time and for them to be able to get many species of swan any time of the year. When you find a swan for sale at 300 to 400 dollars that is good and fine. I am able to do a pretty good business at selling swans at these prices. I love birds and want to provide for my family by making it easy for people to get the types of birds that they want.

I do not mark up my prices 200 to 300 percent. You might be surprised to find out that I only mark up the swans by 15 percent. If you have a problem with what that correlates to as far as my suppliers cost, please I would love to work with you as a supplier for every species of swan year round, be available to take my orders, oh and allow me to pay for the birds after they have been shipped and arrived alive and healthy.

I can either sell swans and other poultry, doing exactly what I love to do... or I can go work in a factory at a job that I hate. I am also selling quite a few swans at these prices. Every time you say that my prices are too high and basically that I am a bad person for asking those prices, please consider this.

Back
Top Bottom