Mutts

I SO agree with you on the "mutt" issue. My EE's are awesome layers, beautiful, and hardy. Also, my wyandottes are hatchery stock and are just as pretty and well formed as any pictures I have seen of show quality. I have 3 SLW, 2 blue splash wyandottes, 2 EE's, 1 buckeye, and 4 BO's and one huge Blue splash roo. I plan to hatch some eggs in 6 weeks from this very mixed flock and I am looking forward to what comes out.

I also like my crossbread goats way better than the papered show goats- too!

I do have pictures, but haven't figured out photobucket yet!

Satan is my favorite mutt. He is one of my Polish mixes.

satannew1.jpg

satannew2.jpg

Here is Satan's brother, not quite as pretty but still nice.
satansbrother.jpg

My baby silkie mutts the one in the first pic is golden phoenix/black silkie the bottom one in the second pic is the same and the top one in the second is Silkie/?.
37401_img_0730.jpg

37401_img_0728.jpg

Kathy if you breed him to another wide bird do you think those traits would pass to the off spring or no?

Quote:
I don't know. I'm no good with poultry genetics, so I have no idea. However, I have sent out (free) eggs to a few people. These eggs were to check fertility, and there were only 3 roosters ... this being one of them. So, maybe we will see in the future, what he does produce!

These are my crosses...

my Roo is an EE named Deville

7630_deville28months.jpg

His offsrping:

Severus, EE x BA

7630_severus13wks.jpg

Sirius, EE x unknown mom (possibly SLW)

7630_sirius13wks.jpg

Draco, EE x Splash Cochin

7630_draco13wks.jpg

Penelope, EE x SLW

7630_penelope13wks.jpg

16448_penny0809.jpg

This is my mixed breed bantam hen "Penny". She's of a few breeds. Came from a friend's farm that did run a mixed flock. Lays eggs all summer, goes broody- definately not inferior.

I also got four BElgian D'Anvers/Silkie crosses that I think are very nice:
16448_dscrossnice110809.jpg

Tammie

Back
Top Bottom