My 1st Egg, EXCITED

DeWalt

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 25, 2012
OK, do I refridgerate the egg? I'm just so excited I don't know what to do but hug & pet my chickens.

Or you could just toss it in the pan now. :p
Refrigerated eggs last for a few weeks.
Congrats on your new layer!

Thanks, I'm thrilled. I put a dummy egg out there with an X on it, and 2 days later.... Fresh egg. WOW.

I could hardly contain myself the first time I found an egg. I wasn't sure who laid it either, but the girls all came into the coop with me to show me. LOL AND, it was laid right were it should be, next to the fake in the nest box. I was a proud momma!!

Congrats on your first egg!!!!!!!!!

congrats! i went out and grabbed a camera when my plymouth started laying! i was so excited and so proud.
celebrate.gif

You were smart to put a dummy egg in the coop first. :p Back when we first got chickens, we had no idea how it worked. Didn't know the chickens were laying until we started noticing odd "disappearances" every morning. Followed a hen one day and found six eggs under a bush. :lol:

I just called my best friend... " I have my first egg." He was not as thrilled, as I'm beaming.
I know how you all felt now. WOW, this is a day i'll remember.

I'm now getting an egg a day which mean 1 hen is laying and the other is not.... what? why could this be when both are the same age, although DeWalt ( my Roo) is smitten over the one laying.

Back
Top Bottom