My 8ish week old Golden Laced Wyandotte…cockerel? 😒

Trice71

In the Brooder
May 4, 2022
Hi all!! This forum has been so helpful. I’ve been scrolling through all of the threads on determining gender. I’m pretty sure my GLW is a he even though supposed to be a she. Can y’all confirm? It’s pretty disheartening because I’ve become so attached to them all. 😞 07D45D54-385F-4202-8EDA-236D6BECCCA6.jpeg 7A6CBC2A-B9B7-42F4-B5FC-BC616F0DCAA2.jpeg 1011F3A9-91F3-4D25-9FBF-54C4A6B91849.jpeg

I'm really sorry he's a he but I hope you can keep him!

If I can be really cheeky......we have a GLW 5 weeks tomorrow, do you have any pictures.of yours at that age?

It's hard to tell with these I know but I'm trying to keep my distance in case ours is a Roo too, it looks like we have 2 out of 4 so far.....

Fingers crossed for your roo!

Thank you. I checked with someone else who lives in town. She believes we are not allowed to have roosters. Our house is only a couple houses inside the village. Used to be the original farm house that sat on a large farm, which years ago, got sold off. The property behind us used to be all fields and trees and now it’s a housing development so I’m sure I’d get complaints when the little dude starts crowing. I looked, but I don’t have good pictures of him at 5 weeks. I found one from around that timeframe. As you can see, he already has a pink comb. He also had little waddles. CE99D989-75A1-44EE-A72C-EB222BC890F0.jpeg Hope it helps. A363E866-A928-4C46-9F5B-FE14A8DE548C.jpeg

Thank you. I checked with someone else who lives in town. She believes we are not allowed to have roosters. Our house is only a couple houses inside the village. Used to be the original farm house that sat on a large farm, which years ago, got sold off. The property behind us used to be all fields and trees and now it’s a housing development so I’m sure I’d get complaints when the little dude starts crowing. I looked, but I don’t have good pictures of him at 5 weeks. I found one from around that timeframe. As you can see, he already has a pink comb. He also had little waddles. View attachment 3154476Hope it helps.View attachment 3154477
Thanks, I've have 2 different wyandotte's GLW and BLW both have very different wattle and combs but I am too going to struggle with a roo but we are going to try by bedding him down in the garage to reduce the early morning alarm call and hope we have very patient or deaf neighbours!

Back
Top Bottom